OpenLiteSpeed Server activation issue

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro OpenLiteSpeed Server activation issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I didn’t changed anything regards previous BPS versions setups, but suddenly I cannot set BPS on new servers vs huge amount of errors (see image). What about it is?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Oh0h0dVJ_ifXOyTY8EefZHQGMH3adjR/view?usp=sharing

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Either the new servers do not allow .htaccess files or there is a folder permissions problem or maybe the server type has changed. You will have to compare your old existing servers to your new servers and then let me know what the difference is. Another possibility is that the Owner of some of your website folders is different than other folders. Check the BPS System Info page under the file/folder permissions and Ownership section. The Owner of all your folders should be the same.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I found the issue (still no idea how to fix). I have all sites locally on Mamp Pro and after development I restore it online. Amp Pro have maximum PHP version of 7.4.2 (backup version) and new server come on 7.4.10. After restoration, BPS makes on its own plugin activation moment above errors. BPS not make any error on new server clean image. As Mamp Pro cannot be upgraded, I must to looking on solution how to downgrade new server to 7.4.2 before wp restoration. After that, BPS should not to make error (I guess).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro has been tested up to PHP 7.4.9. PHP 7.4.10 was recently released and BPS Pro has not been tested yet on PHP 7.4.10. If BPS Pro works on 7.4.9 then it should work on 7.4.10. I don’t think it is a PHP server version problem because the UAEG htaccess file is unable to automatically create the htaccess file in your WordPress /uploads/ folder. That means that something is either configured incorrectly or you just need to run the BPS Pro Wizards. When you migrate a website you always need to run the Setup Wizards again because new BPS Pro settings are not updated until you run the Wizards. This may or may not work. I think your problem is deeper than that, but let me know what happens after running the Wizards.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah the more I think about it the problem is simply that you have not run the BPS Pro Wizards on your new site after migrating your site from a completely different server. That should work and MUST ALWAYS be done when you are migrating or cloning websites.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Can’t be as BPS is not installed on local version. BPS is first time installed only after online restoration and settings. Error appear immediately after plugin upload and activation. Nothing help neither when I go with setup wizards.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a conflicting statement: “BPS is first time installed only after online restoration and settings”. A first time installation means you just installed BPS Pro on a website. Cloning or migrating a website is not a first time installation because BPS Pro was installed on another website. Online restoration typically means you are restoring a website from a backup for the same website. So I don’t really understand what you have done. It sounds like you cloned a website to another new website from your other information.

You need to check the things I mentioned on the BPS System Info page. Folder/File permissions may be fubar on your new website.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I’m doing local web development and after it is done, I upload backup copy of local version to new (fresh, clean) server. On any of local instances, I never install BPS (no logical reason to do that twice – locally and online, again). So, it is first time BPS installation, s BPS wasn’t installed locally on original version of WP site.

About permissions. I repeat, I all the time doing everything same (dozens and x times). Now, I’m checking one more possibility, otherwise, it cannot be nothing else than PHP (or I have no clue).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so you have migrated/cloned a dev site to a new Live site – got it. Thanks for confirming that. Ok try switching your PHP server to 7.4.9 and see if that works. That is a simple thing to do that only takes a few minutes to do.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

You was right (like always). Permissions (however, no idea exact what kind). Briefly, on GCP instance is under client Google account and I have ‘Owner’ delegation on IAM. However, I get error on installations from my Google account and no error when I created installation from client Google account (I have access). So, what kind of error is caused exactly and what settings on IAM can help (if any, I doubt), I cannot investigate (no time for that). Eventually could to help if I will get installed BPS also locally (but not sure), but as I wrote, I cannot spend time on investigation.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The general rule for CGI and DSO server types is website folder permissions are 755 and files are 644. If it is a folder/file permission problem then change folder/file permissions to the correct permissions. Ownership of all folders and files needs to be the same Owner for all of your website folders and files. So if it is an Ownership problem then you just need change the Ownership of any folders that are not the same Owner as your other folders to the same Owner.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I didn’t replied as I ws busy. However, to inform you that after today upgrade, issue disappeared.

Maybe is time also to report next:

1. Exclude wp-content Folders – BPS correctly recognize for WPvivid, ‘wpvividbackups’ but not recognize ‘WPvivid_Uploads’ folder. Must be added manually. Can you please add it to auto recognition?
    2. Same as above is for Elegant Theme (Divi), ‘et-cache’ folder.
    3. Genesis icon in left admin bar is distorted after BPS activation.
    4. Elementor cannot be edited on pages after BPS activation (Elementor edit menu disappear, and also if I go on Elementor edit from Pages from admin menu, it start infinitive loop on Elementor load). On BPS deactivation, all come back in normal.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are you saying that installing the BPS Pro 14.9 update fixed the problem?  If so, then either the BPS Pro copy anti-piracy protection kicked in or some of the BPS Pro 14.8 files were damaged or missing.  BPS Pro has built-in copy anti-piracy protection to protect against this type of piracy – someone copies the BPS Pro folder:  /bulletproof-security/ and then tries to upload that folder to another website.  BPS Pro should always be installed using the WordPress Plugins Upload Zip installer.  When doing migrations and clones of an entire website the BPS Pro copy anti-piracy protection should not kick in.  If the BPS Pro copy anti-piracy protection does kick in by mistake the fix is simply to delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and re-install BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer.  The same fix applies for damaged or missing BPS Pro plugin files.

1. First try re-running the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.  The BPS Pro Setup Wizard will automatically add new wp-content folder exclude rules when certain conditions are met.  ie certain file types or file sizes.  If the wp-content folder does not contain any files that match the file types or file sizes conditions then the Setup Wizard will not automatically create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule.  In cases where the Setup Wizard does not automatically create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule you will need to manually create that folder exclude rule.

2. First try re-running the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

3 and 4.  Try using the BPS Pro troubleshooting steps instead of deactivating the BPS Pro plugin > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting.  Let me know the results after you have done BPS Pro troubleshooting.  Example:  Turning Off X BPS Pro feature makes the problem go away.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.