Change php.ini output_buffering directive setting

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Change php.ini output_buffering directive setting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lollo Vestlund
    Participant

I’m trying to switch off output_buffering, due to your information in the Security Status. I have tried output_buffering = Off in the the root php.ini, and in the wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/php/my-master-phpini.ini without any result. Where is the correct place for this code?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Anything having to do with php.ini files is not a one size fits all thing.  Web hosts have different methods to do this and allow and do not allow some things.  PHP server versions started using user.ini files instead of php.ini files a few versions back.  So Check your web host help pages and do a search for “php.ini file” or “user.ini” or “php configuration”.  Important Notes: Any changes made to a php.ini or user.ini file on Shared hosting can take up to 15 minutes to be applied/show up.  Any changes made to a php.ini or user.ini file on Dedicated or VPS hosting requires a server reboot for the changes to be applied/show up.

Lollo Vestlund
    Participant

Hi,

This old question of mine came to life today. The host suggests a user.ini file, but how can I get BPS to like this file, and not quarantine it?

Cheers, Lollo

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can either restore the .user.ini file each time you edit it or you can create an exclude rule at the top of the Quarantine page to exclude the .user.ini file from being checked.

Lollo Vestlund
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.