P-Security Custom php.ini setup

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro P-Security Custom php.ini setup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

While looking into P-Security status I found that I have a few things to tweak for better security and performance.

Now the tricky part. The php.ini file editor shows no files to edit, so I went to php.ini finder and it found 3 php.ini files:

my-master-phpini.ini

standard-phpini.ini

bpspro-base-phpini.ini

all located in

/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/php/

Now which one should I edit? As I understand to edit a php.ini file I have to add it to

Php.ini File Manager – All Purpose File Manager

and only the I will be able to edit it in php.ini file editor?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

php.ini files are very complex and one size does not fit all Server Environments/Types/php versions, etc.  Click the P-Security >>> PHP.ini Options >>> Diagnostic Checks/Recommendations button and post the results here.  Aso post your web host’s name and your Hosting type:  Shared, VPS or Dedicated Hosting.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Host name: biznes-host.pl

Hosting type: VPS

Diagnostick check/Recomendations output:

PHP Version: 5.2.17
    PHP/php.ini Handler: A PHP/php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi 
    Loaded Configuration File: /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)

disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled

wp-config.php File: The wp-config.php file was found in the website root folder.

Error Log Path Seen by Server: /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Website Root Folder: https://www.infolotnicze.pl
    WP ABSPATH: /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/
    Host by Address: vz13304.dahost.pl
    DNS Name Server: dns.home.pl

Server Type: Apache/2
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi - Your Host Server is using CGI.

Zend Engine Version: 2.2.0
    Zend Optimizer: Zend Optimizer Extension is Not Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since you have VPS Hosting you are allowed to modify the existing Server’s php.ini file (/usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini) directly and will NOT be adding an additional/new custom php.ini file under your website folders.  Click the link below for VPS and Dedicated Hosting php.ini setup steps.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2853/bulletproof-security-pro/php-ini-general-and-host-specific-php-ini-information-for-bps-pro/#vps-dedicated-hosting-phpini-help

Krzysztof
    Participant

Just to report – I did all the steps, renamed the file and asked my admins to upload it for me and all seems to work just fine 😉

Thank you for your help, time and patiance!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Excellent!  Thanks for confirming a successful mission.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I must say that I feel much safer now. I also think how stupid I was waiting that much to finally finish up the BPS PRO setup!

I hope that many new security features will come to BPS.

All the best!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, your website is completely BulletProof Now!

BPS Pro is intimidating at first because it is doing so many different things, but everyone finds out that once they have gotten comfortable with BPS Pro that everything is logically very well thought out and user friendly.  We will continue to try to automate things even more.  Some things cannot be completely automated like php.ini setup because there are so many different possibilites/Server types/Server configuations and a million other different factors.

LOL now you want more features – this too always happens when folks get comfortable with BPS Pro.  ha ha ha.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I’m BPS PRO sick now and the only medicine is more features 😉

You are absolutely right – few days clicking, tweaking, reading and asking and now I feel comfortable with it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.