Westnic – Westnic Hosting setup

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Westnic – Westnic Hosting setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Hays
    Participant

I have installed BPS Pro on several sites and every site has errors. I’ve spent hours in the forum trying different solutions without any resolution. Plus I keep getting emails saying files have been quarantined i.e. .htaccess files but I have no idea if I should restore/block/delete them. Is there any way to pay someone to walk me through what is normal and what isn’t and to help me setup a site correctly?

Thanks in advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I sent you an email a couple of hours ago requesting that you create a temporary Admin login to this website.  Please create a temporary Admin login to this site and send it directly to edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.

We offer to setup BPS Pro at no charge on 1 of your personal websites.  We do not log into your client’s websites per the licensing agreement.  If this is a client website problem then describe the issues/problems in specific detail and post any relevant BPS Pro Security Log entries relating to those issues/problems.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You will find the AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide in the link below and also a AutoRestore/Quarantine Video Tutorial link on the AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide page.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged into your site and on your particular Host – Westnic – there are some specific issues that we have already created solutions for on Hosts that do what your particular Host is doing.  Your Host is locking down your website with additional security measures, which is a great thing.  BPS Pro is designed to take that into account and adjust accordingly and work smoothly with Hosts that are adding their own additional security measures.

The BPS Pro ini_set code was added to your wp-config.php file successfully, but Westnic is blocking the ini_set function on their Servers in the Server’s php.ini file with the disable_functions php.ini directive, which means you are seeing this error below since your host is not using the path set in the ini_set code that was added to your wp-config.php file by BPS Pro.

Custom php.ini File Error – PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match
    The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.
    If your site is in Maintenance Mode you can disregard this error message. Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page and click the Htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log Read Me button for troubleshooting steps.

Solution:  Used the Hosts default directive value of error_log and pasted that into the PHP Error Log Location Set To: text box. Your php error log path matches and php error logging is now working correctly.

Solution:  To prevent the error_log from being repeatedly sent to Quarantine I created an exclude rule in AutoRestore for Exclude an individual file using the Exclude Folders & Files tool:  /home/xxxxx/public_html/error_log

You had another error_log file here:  /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/error_log  probably created by a plugin, but this additional php error log file may have been created by your host.

Solution:  Created another  exclude rule in AutoRestore for Exclude an individual file using the Exclude Folders & Files tool to exclude this additional error log file from being checked by AutoRestore and sent to Quarantine.

The UptimeRobot was being blocked on your site and has now been whitelisted using this method in the forum link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/split-uptimerobot-whitelist-uptimerobot-bot/#post-8003

Used the Pro-Tools cURL Multi Page Scanner to check your site for plugin scripts that needed to be whitelisted in your Plugin Firewall and you do not have any plugin scripts on this particular site that need to be whitelisted in your Plugin Firewall.  Tool used:  Multi page cURL Scan (ALL Pages).

Your host is disabling the very dangerous php exec() function in the Server’s php.ini file, which is a good thing, but this plugin – wordpress-automatic-upgrade – is trying to use the exec function and is not allowed to be used because it has been disabled on your Server.

[13-Nov-2012 00:55:43 UTC] PHP Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wpau_db_backup.class.php on line 520

Your host is disabling the very dangerous php shell_exec() function in the Server’s php.ini file, which is a good thing, but this plugin – iwp-client – is trying to use the shell_exec functions and is not allowed to be used because it has been disabled on your Server.

[16-Jun-2013 05:10:05 UTC] PHP Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/iwp-client/lib/amazon_s3/sdk.class.php on line 1528

Additionally I tried to create a custom php.ini file for your website, but your Host does not allow custom php.ini files to be created on their Servers. The custom php.ini file was ignored so I deleted it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.