PDF Embedder Premium – 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PDF Embedder Premium – 403 error

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Participant

I have been trying to track down an issue for awhile now where a Plugin stops showing the PDF file inline.  I think I just found it in the Security Log.  How do I whitelist this Plugin to see if it resolves the issue and the PDF files will work again?  Where do I put the code?

[403 GET Request: October 10, 2019 - 10:00 am]
    BPS Pro: 14.2
    WP: 5.2.3
    Event Code: PFWR-PSBR-HPRA
    Solution: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/security-log-event-codes/
    REMOTE_ADDR: 47.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Host Name: 47.xxx.xxx.xxx
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: https://firstgenfirebird.org/f-a-q/dealer-technical-bulletin-68-t-19-scratched-rear-quarter-window-glass-on-1968-tempest-sport-coupe-or-hardtop-coupe/
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/pdfjs/pdf.min.js?ver=4.3.2
    QUERY_STRING: ver=4.3.2
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.90 Safari/537.36

Thank you in advance – Geoff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked your website and there is a problem with the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.  Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode is not automatically creating Plugin Firewall whitelist rules.  Have you disabled WordPress Crons?  Are you doing anything with WordPress Crons at all?  Do you have Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode turned On?  Do you have any of these plugins installed (or previously had them installed): Sucuri or Website Defender?  You are not minifying/compressing js scripts. So that is not the cause of the problem.

Geoff
    Participant

I believe I have not disabled WP Crons.  Cron Events shows a number of actions scheduled including a number off bps actions.  I did not see one specific for Plugins Firewall.

Plugin Firewall:

• RPM Status Activated
    • WBM Status Activated
    • PWF Status Activated/AutoPilot On
    • Auto Pilot Mode: Run . . . Every Minute and AutoPilot Mode On
    • UAEG Status Activated
    • HPF Status HPF Cron On
    • HPF Cron Check Frequency Every 15 minutes
    • MBM Status Activated
    • BBM Status Activated

I do not have any of those listed plugins.  I did notice a WordFence Cron that was still active and I deleted it now since I have not used it since I installed this one.  The Plugin was deleted years ago.

Geoff
    Participant

I do remember seeing an error message in the last week after I upgraded BPS Pro about the Plugin Firewall issue.  I believe it told me to run it in a test mode and check how website functioned which I did a few days later.  I like to not make changes all at once to help chase issues.

Geoff
    Participant

The error mentioned the firewall was turned off which I confirmed with the WP BPS Pro status bar.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is “Cron Events”?  Is it a plugin?  At this point you need to deactivate the BPS Plugin Firewall feature since it is not working on your website.  If you would like for me to solve this problem then I need a WordPress Administrator login to this website.  Send the login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Geoff
    Participant

I had to check for a plugin.  It is WP Control. I will send the info sometime this evening.  I am off to work. P

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So after logging into your site – The Plugin Firewall seemed to be stuck in-between some weird On|Off state.  I turned on Plugin Firewall Test Mode and new Plugin Firewall whitelist rules were successfully created by Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode.  Your PDF Viewer is working correctly now.

[Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode New Whitelist Rule(s) Created: October 10, 2019 - 2:35 pm]
    Whitelist Rule: /PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/pdfjs/pdf.worker.min.js

[Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode New Whitelist Rule(s) Created: October 10, 2019 - 2:31 pm]
    Whitelist Rule: /PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/pdfjs/pdf.min.js
    Whitelist Rule: /akismet/_inc/form.js
    Whitelist Rule: /PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/all-pdfemb-premium.min.js

[Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode New Whitelist Rule(s) Created: October 10, 2019 - 2:31 pm]
    Whitelist Rule: /akismet/_inc/akismet.js
    Whitelist Rule: /wordpress-php-info/(.*)js/phpinfo-js.js
    Whitelist Rule: /relevanssi-premium/premium/admin_metabox_scripts.js
    Whitelist Rule: /page-management/page-management.js
    Whitelist Rule: /jetpack/_inc/build/jetpack-jitm.min.js
    Whitelist Rule: /jetpack/_inc/lib/tracks/tracks-ajax.js
    Whitelist Rule: /google-publisher/js/previewloader.js
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.