PDF viewer for WordPress – 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PDF viewer for WordPress – 403 error

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    guy te watson
    Participant

The viewer access is working after the  CUSTOM CODE TIMTHUMB FORBID RFI and MISC FILE SKIP/BYPASS RULE fix, but now it seems the Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard (UAEG) is not working. Now if I go to a direct path URL to any pdf file or even a .doc file in an uploads folder the file is accessible for download or to open. Is this suppose to happen? How do I get the pdf files to be opened by the “PDF viewer for WordPress” plugin but still blocked from people being able to access it directly if a search engine of hacker finds the file name of the server?

In Christ

guy te

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ guy te watson – UAEG does not limit accessibility to PDF files or other safe files.  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/uploads-anti-exploit-guard-uaeg-read-me-first/

If you wanted to make PDF files viewable/accessible to only certain people then you would need to use an option setting in whatever plugin or theme you are using for PDF downloading or install something like a Members plugin to restrict access to PDF files to Members only or a similar concept like that.

guy te watson
    Participant

Okay

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.