BPS Pro Alert: AutoRestore is turned Off

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro Alert: AutoRestore is turned Off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Torres
    Participant

I recently upgraded BPS Pro to the latest version.  Now every 15 minutes or so I keep getting the following email…

When AutoRestore is turned Off on your website you will receive this BPS Pro email Alert as a reminder that AutoRestore is currently turned Off on your website. This BPS Pro email Alert is sent via a Cron Job and another email alert will be sent every 15 minutes (default setting) if ARQ is still turned Off.

To change or turn Off this BPS Pro email Alert, login to your website, go to the BPS Pro S-Monitor page, under Email Alerting & Log File Options change the ARQ: When AutoRestore|Quarantine is Turned Off option setting to whatever setting you would like to use instead.

I have turned ARQ back on, I have removed all email notifications in S-Monitor, I changed the email recipient to my personal email address, but they keep getting sent to the distribution group.  How can I turn this off?  I am getting complaints from all the users in the Distribution group.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you turn AutoRestore back On or set the ARQ: When AutoRestore|Quarantine is Turned Off option to > Do Not Send Email Alerts > and click the Save Options button then the email alerts can no longer be sent because the email can only be sent if those conditions allow it.  So double check that the emails are no longer being sent.  There may have been a lag or delay on your host mail server and emails still appear to be sent, but no new email alerts are being sent any longer.  Out of curiosity what is “a distribution group”?

Matthew Torres
    Participant

You may be correct, I haven’t received an email in 22 minutes.  It may have subsided.  It continued for about an hour after I changed the email settings.

By distribution group, I meant the recipient of the BPS Pro email notifications.  The email was sent to support at mycompany.com so multiple people were receiving it.

Thanks for the speedy response!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Only an hour.  😉  My host mail server sometimes lags 3 or more hours – oh what fun – NOT.  Ah ok got it on “distribution group”. Thanks.

Matthew Torres
    Participant

The emails continue…but now it seems like every 45 minutes now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok send me an Administrator login to this site so I can see if something else you have installed is breaking things in BPS Pro.  Send the Administrator login info to: info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so I logged in, changed the email address where emails are sent to to:  info at ait-pro dot com, and waited 20 minutes and no email alerts were sent.  Checked the BPS Security Log and the last entry was this one below.

[AutoRestore Turned Off Cron Check: June 30, 2016 - 8:41 pm]
    This Security Log entry is created when AutoRestore is turned Off on your website. To change or turn Off this setting go to the BPS Pro S-Monitor page, under Email Alerting & Log File Options change the ARQ: When AutoRestore|Quarantine is Turned Off option setting to whatever setting you would like to use instead.

So what that means is your host mail server is as crappy as our host mail server. 😉  Here is the difference between “automated” and “direct” emails.  Automated emails are sent to a bulk email queue on your host mail server and they wait in line to be sent.  Direct emails that are sent from email application like Outlook or other computer email applications are sent immediately and are not queued.  So if there is a backlog of queued emails on your host mail server then automated emails are sent in the order they are received.  We have seen backlogged automated emails sent as late as 8 hours later from our host mail server. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.