PHP Error – Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted cache.php on line 570

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error – Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted cache.php on line 570

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

I am at a lost and I do not know where to go to for a expert in WordPress.
    Can you tell me why I am getting this error? Edward?
    Can you point me in any kind of direction?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PLUGIN

I keep coming across this error

[11-Apr-2013 06:54:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx/wp-includes/cache.php on line 570

But all my

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For PHP Errors you can take the part of the php error that is searchable to get Google results to find what the cause and solution could be.

Example Search String:  Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted cache.php on line 570

Let’s say for example your caching plugin is WP Super Cache.  Then the search string you would use would be:  WP Super Cache Fatal error:  Allowed memory size exhausted cache.php on line 570

If your caching plugin is W3TC then you would use a search string like this:  W3TC Fatal error:  Allowed memory size exhausted cache.php on line 570

In general, you want to look at the file involved in the php error to give you the primary clue about where the php error is occurring. In this case the file name is /wp-includes/cache.php, which would indicate a problem with your caching plugin.

The first things to check are:

If you are using a caching plugin that requires adding the – define(‘WP_CACHE’, true); – Constant to the wp-config.php file then you want to check that this Constant exists in your wp-config.php file.  If it does not then you would want to add it to your wp-config.php file (if your caching plugin requires this).  If this Constant already exists then you can try changing the Constant from true to false to determine if this is where the issue/problem is occurring.

With BPS Pro in general it is very possible that because your wp-config.php file was locked when you installed whichever caching plugin you are using then the Constant was not successfully created in your wp-config.php file.  Try this simple thing first.  Unlock your wp-config.php file with F-Lock.  Deactivate and activate whichever caching plugin you are using.  Lock your wp-config.php file again with F-Lock.

Reference:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.