chmod(): No such file or directory in class-wp-image-editor-gd.php on line 485

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro chmod(): No such file or directory in class-wp-image-editor-gd.php on line 485

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

Hello support,

The PHP Error Log generated these two errors.

[26-Mar-2022 13:33:21 UTC] PHP Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/.../domains/.../public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor-gd.php on line 485

[26-Mar-2022 13:33:22 UTC] PHP Warning: unlink(/home/.../domains/.../public_html/wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/Einde-2021-foto-e1643396329351-custom_crop.jpeg): No such file or directory in /home/.../domains/.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bb-ultimate-addon/modules/blog-posts/blog-posts.php on line 1408

But the file class-wp-image-editor-gd.php is not missing in the wp-includes.

And the cache folder should be excluded from the scan as I set the exclusion rule: /public_html/wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check with your web host support folks.  This may be related to your custom open_basedir configuration settings and/or other configuration stuff that you are doing that is specific to only your website/server.  I would attempt to offer help, but I’m not sure you really have your configuration stuff setup correctly based on the last forum topic that you posted.  😉

Jan
    Participant

Hi,

The web host replied to your feedback on this matter:

I checked some of the files and they are indeed on the server. The openbasedir setting is indeed there, but the developer’s comment does not apply here, because openbasedir ensures that you cannot consult files outside the allowed paths.

Since the plugin runs on account userx and the content is on account userx, that is not a factor. Account userx has access to everything in /home/userx by default. I have also looked at the property rights and write/read settings, these are also OK.

By the way, a plugin that requires you to disable openbasedir is insecure because you essentially allow the account to write and read anywhere on the server. This gives access to system files and you understand that if a hack takes place or the website contains a vulnerability, this quickly becomes a serious security risk. Hackers could empty your servers or download sensitive files.

It’s unfortunately that the developer mentions “other settings” next to this option. I can’t help with that, if he tells you exactly which dependencies the plugin has or if you come up with specific PHP related error messages, I could investigate this further for you.

Given the error messages you do share, I assume that a specific php module is being used to read and that it clearly fails to do so. But to be able to make that diagnosis I need a lot more information, otherwise it is really like looking for a needle in a haystack.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I did not suggest disabling open_basedir.  open_basedir does provide some protection, but it is definitely not something that I would call essential.  BPS Pro is no different than any other plugin that deals with files.  There is nothing special/unique that BPS Pro is doing with files.  So there is no additional information to give you or the support person.  I don’t really have any suggestions for you besides checking that your open_basedir directive settings are correct.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is one other possibility that I can think of and that is there is something wrong with your PHP server build/install.  To confirm or eliminate that you can switch your PHP server version in your control panel.  ie if you are using PHP 7.0 then switch to PHP 8.0 or another PHP version.

Jan
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback on this. I will inform my web host.

Jan
    Participant

My web host has added php8 version.
    I will soon see if these errors are occuring again.

Jan
    Participant

Got this error with php 8 version:

[29-Mar-2022 14:04:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php" in /home/.../domains/.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 220

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so you have eliminated that there is a problem with the PHP server.  So yeah back to my original suggestion = recheck your open_basedir directive settings and make sure they are correct.  It could be some other problem on the server or even some kind of plugin conflict.  Since these problems are only occurring on your website/server then the problem is isolated to something on your website/server.

That particular PHP error has to do with the BPS Pro plugin API server upgrade check. That could indicate some kind of blockage or communication problem on your particular website/server. ie another plugin or theme is breaking the BPS Pro plugin API server upgrade check. Or something on your server like a server firewall could be breaking the BPS Pro plugin API server upgrade check. Or of course this could be a problem with open_basedir directive settings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.