PHP Error Log – Default Server error_log file being Quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error Log – Default Server error_log file being Quarantined

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi,

I have an updated version of BPS pro running on [domain name removed for privacy] it sees it’s own error log as a file that needs to be quarantined, if I’m not mistaken. See screenshot that I included.

Also – setting the httacces file to writeable and then updating WP Super Cache and then closing it off again doesn’t remove the WPSC warning in that same screenshot.

The WP Super Cache question has been Split into a new Forum Topic here:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wp-super-cache-wpsc-htaccess-code-not-found/

I think these are both (perhaps related) errors.

Best wishes,Katinka

bps-error-log-quarantined

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The error log file that is being quarantined is a default Server php error log file that is created automatically by your Web Host.  The standard naming convention that web hosts use for the Default Server PHP Error Log file is:  error_log.  The BPS Pro PHP Error Log file is named:  bps_php_error.log.

Normally/Typically this issue/problem is resolved by going to P-Security >>> ini_set Options and clicking the 2 buttons:  Save Options and Enable Options buttons.  What this does is create ini_set code in your wp-config.php file and one of those lines of code is:

@ini_set('error_log','/path/to/php_error_log'); // add the actual path to your php error log

In your particular case it appears that your PHP Error Log is already set up otherwise you would be seeing a BPS Pro Alert/Error that your PHP Error Log is not setup.

In your particular case you appear to have a Dutch version of WordPress installed.  See this Forum Topic for using the ini_set Options for WordPress versions in languages other than English.  By doing the steps in the Forum link below this may fix the problem.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match-ini_set-options-wordpress-language-versions/

If it does not fix the problem then I need to know the answer to this question:

What is your Server API?  DSO or CGI?  You will find this on the B-Core >>> System Info Tab page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.