PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    growitsolutions
    Participant

Hi, I cannot get rid of the following message – can you help?

I have tested the error log and all is well, I have also set the error log location as recommended but still no success. I host my sites on SiteGround and this seems to be common on a number of my sites. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match
    The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.
    Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page and click the Htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log Read Me button for troubleshooting steps.

growitsolutions
    Participant

Hi, I believe I have tried the applicable troubleshooting – but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Go to the PHP Error Log page and post what you see for “Error Log Path Seen by Server” in your forum reply.

Jeff
    Participant

I have several sites using BPS Pro on the same server.  Only a couple are experiencing this problem, so I don’t suspect the server settings – but I haven’t worked this one out yet so I’m not discounting it…

In the PHP Error Log page, I get:

ini_set PHP Error Log Location (Recommended): /[local path]/[site path]/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /[local path]/[site path]/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    Error Log Path Seen by Server: [empty]

I’ve tried clicking on the ‘Set Error Log Location’ button, but no change.  Have also re-run setup wizard.

Clicking on the ‘Test Error Log’ button does not generate any changes in the log file. Although the test error is not generated, the log is writable.

When I view phpinfo.php (via your handy utility) the error_log directive is set to ‘no value’, null.  However, the hosting supplier does provide a ‘logs’ folder in the root of the account hosting space.  This holds logs on a  per-domain basis.  For the site in question the log is at /[local path]/logs/[sitefolder]/error_log

If I set the error log location to that I get that error_log, but I still get the ‘PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match’ error message.

I’m getting a lot of these in the log file:

[Thu Jun 06 01:50:22.060872 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 8088:tid 140637902968576] (32)Broken pipe: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:58222] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: http://[domain]/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bulletproof-security%2Fadmin%2Fphp%2Fphp-options.php

[Thu Jun 06 01:50:58.027235 2019] [access_compat:error] [pid 7840:tid 140637787580160] [client yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:38250] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /[localpath]/[sitefolder]/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/mod-test/mod_access_compat-od-denied.png, referer: http://[domainname]/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/mod-test/mod_access_compat-od-denied.png

Using BPS Pro Version 13.9 on stock install of WP Version 5.2.1 using Twenty Nineteen theme with no additional plugins.

As I said, this only occurs on some installations and I haven’t worked out why yet.

Any ideas?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely this is occurring on some websites and not all of your websites because some of the sites are on different host servers.  You can check the server information on the BPS System Info page.  Since you can get the PHP error log working using the default server path instead of the BPS recommended path then just turn Off the “PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match” alert on the BPS Pro > S-Monitor page > PHP Error Log: Check Folder Path Location Alert option > change the option setting to > Turn Off Displayed Alerts.

The php errors are insignificant.  You can ignore them.  If you are looking for an explanation of what causes the ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function then take a look at this post > https://www.tablix.org/~avian/blog/archives/2016/05/on_ap_pass_brigade_failed/

The other php error is kind of odd because the mod_access_compat-od-denied.png file is intentionally blocked for testing Apache Modules|Directives|Backward Compatibility results on the BPS System Info page.  Not sure why this would be logged as a php error?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.