PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match – Use the Error Log Seen by Server value

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match – Use the Error Log Seen by Server value

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant
    Terry
    Participant

Sorry., It just says error_log

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Terry – Ok your host server is using a default server php error_log setting. Copy: error_log into the “PHP Error Log Location Set To” text box and click the Set Error Log Location button.

Terry
    Participant

Ok, I changed it to error_log both in the “PHP Error Log” tab and had to hit “Save” in the ini_set Options” tab and the error went away BUT when I ran the setup wizard the error came back and after looking found that it changed it back as shown here: https://www.screencast.com/t/E4UQDOIEU

How do I prevent it from changing it when running the Setup Wizard?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That bug was fixed in BPS Pro 14.6. Upgrade to the most current version of BPS Pro, which is 14.8

Terry
    Participant

That worked!!! It wasn’t showing update available but I had it manually force the update check. All good now. Appreciate the help.

iDJMic
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match
    The “PHP Error Log Location Set To” value does not match the “Error Log Path Seen by Server” value.
    Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page.
    Copy the “Error Log Path Seen by Server” value: error_log into the “PHP Error Log Location Set To” text box and click the Set Error Log Location button to fix this.

Tried this…

AITpro Admin Edit: The information below is not from this forum site and is incorrect.

Manual Configuration
    In rare cases you need to configure it manually.

1. If you use BulletProof Security plugin first secure htaccess file using it and then add below lines to your htaccess file using FTP.
    2. You may need to re-configure server whenever you change settings or activate a new theme or plugin.
    3. Add these lines right before: RewriteCond REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f. Next you may want to change htaccess permission to read-only (e.g. 666)

Didn’t seem to make a difference, same error. and did check .htaccess changes did save.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume you are asking about the “PHP Error Log Path Does not Match” error message?

If so do these steps:

1. Copy or type:  error_log in the PHP Error Log Location Set To text box.
    2. Click the Set Error Log Location button.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ iDJMic – I have merged your forum topic into this relevant forum topic

To fix this error do the steps below.
    1. Copy or type: error_log in the PHP Error Log Location Set To text box.
    2. Click the Set Error Log Location button.

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Edward!

Before trying to add the rules you posted for WP Reset, I had to reinstall BPS Pro so I followed the video “Installation-activation-setup-wizard”.

But when I clicked on the “Reload BPS Pro Status” button, I got the PHP error log that this thread is about.

So I tried to follow the instructions but it kind of escalated and now, I don’t know what to do and I feel like I just made it worse.

Here is what I did (with screenshots):

I now have more error that at the beginning.

May you help, please? 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Laurent – /dev/null means that your web host has intentionally turned Off/not allowed php error logging > https://serverfault.com/questions/312453/turn-off-error-and-access-logs-for-one-virtual-host

That leaves you with these options:
    1. Contact your web host and ask them to allow php error logging.
    2. Turn Off the PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match error message on the BPS Pro > S-Monitor page > PHP Error Log: Check Folder Path Location Alert > change the option setting to > Turn Off Displayed Alerts. Unfortunately, that means you will not be able to use a PHP error log on your website/server since your web host is not allowing that.

Laurent
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Edward.

I reached out to my hosting provider and good news, I have the full control.

But can you tell me exactly what options to edit on that screenshot?

EDIT: the red arrow is just to show you what is displayed in the dropdown menu (in case I need to change the settings here too).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Laurent – All of the option settings are fine.  Just copy the BPS Pro recommended php error log path on the BPS Pro PHP Error Log page into the error_log text box option in your control panel. Once the new option settings take effect then copy the BPS Pro recommended php error path into this text box: PHP Error Log Location Set To and click the Set Error Log Location button.  If you see the “ini_set Options code…” error message again reload/refresh the page and it should go away.  If it does not go away then go to the ini_set Options tab page > copy the BPS Pro recommended php error log path into this text box: ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To > and click the Save|Enable Options button.

Laurent
    Participant

Awesome!! It looks like it worked as I no longer have errors showing up.

Can you assure me you won’t delete our conversation here?

I may need to use it again in the future.

Thanks A LOT, Edward.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Laurent – Great!  I don’t delete any forum topics or replies.  I do delete some of the BuddyPress/bbPress Activity Stream posts, but not the main posts for any forum topics or replies.  Example:  If there are several back and forth posts in the Activity Stream then I delete the non-important back and forth posts to reduce clutter in the BuddyPress/bbPress Activity Stream.  There is a bug with BuddyPress/bbPress where if you Split/Move a forum topic from 1 forum topic to a new forum topic the Topic title and Topic title link is not updated in the Activity Stream or your BuddyPress/bbPress Profile. This bug started occurring several BuddyPress/bbPress versions ago and I have not had the time to contact them for a solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.