PHP Error Log setting isn’t sticking

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error Log setting isn’t sticking

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – The wp-admin php error log file:  /wp-admin/php_errorlog is a different php error log in your wp-admin folder.  That php error log file will be automatically recreated and updated on an ongoing basis.  So you just need to exclude that php error log file from being checked and quarantined by AutoRestore.  You can now exclude files directly on the BPS Pro > Quarantine page > using this form: Exclude Folders|Files from being checked by AutoRestore.

Exclude Folders|Files Options & Examples

Exclude An Individual File option
    Select the Exclude An Individual File option to exclude individual files from being checked by AutoRestore. Example Use: Your host server updates a default server php error log file called: error_log and the error_log file is being repeatedly quarantined. /wp-content/error_log. Because the error_log log file is being updated regularly the ARQ Cron will autorestore and quarantine that log file each time the file changes. To exclude that log file from being checked by the ARQ Cron you would select the Exclude An Individual File option and enter the path to the file that you want excluded in the Enter a folder or file path to exclude text box and click the Exclude Folder|File button.

jenni101
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks for your help – i thought it was an alternative BPS pro one, but understand now.

Thomas
    Participant

I was getting this PHP error:

PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match
    The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.

My wp-config.php file didn’t have anything from BPS Pro even after running the installation wizards.

I copied the BPS code, from another site where I have BPS Pro. It worked but I noticed mine differs a little from the above example.

/** BEGIN BPS Pro ini_set Settings **/

@ini_set('error_log','/home/user1/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log');

In your instructions the ini_set only has (‘error_log’,”).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Thomas – Yep, I’m aware of this problem and have fixed it in BPS Pro 15.6.

The WP folks changed the wp-config.php code slightly and the ini_set Options code/PHP error log code is not able to detect/match the new wp-config.php file code and create the ini_set Options code in the wp-config.php file. Use the steps below to fix this problem.

If the BPS ini_set Options code does not exist in the wp-config.php file do the steps below to fix the problem.
    1. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager.
    2. Download your wp-config.php file.
    3. Edit your wp-config.php file and copy the BPS ini_set Options placeholder text (shown below) directly below this wp-config.php file text comment: /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ or /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */.
    4. Upload your edited wp-config.php file and overwrite your existing wp-config.php file.
    5. Your wp-config.php file will be quarantined. Restore your wp-config.php file from Quarantine after it is quarantined.
    6. Go to the P-Security > ini_set Options page > enter the recommended BPS Pro PHP Error log path displayed on the PHP Error log page in this text box: ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To.
    7. Click the Save|Enable Options button.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

or

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

BPS ini_set Options placeholder text

/** BEGIN BPS Pro ini_set Settings **/

/** END BPS Pro ini_set Settings **/
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.