Pre-installation Wizard – PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Pre-installation Wizard – PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

I don’t know if running pre-installation then setup after each plugin update for Bulletproof is the right process or not, but I have been doing it now for a long time as part of my process for updates. Tonight when I ran it, it hung in the setup.  Below is the PHP error that I received. I went and ran with cURL scan off and received the same error.

[26-Jul-2016 15:24:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /tinadubinsky.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/pwizard-functions.php on line 973
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What PHP Server version do you have? You can find that on the BPS System Info page under:  PHP Server|PHP.ini Info.  New code was added in the pwizard-functions.php file on code line 973 in BPS Pro 12: $plugins_merged = $plugins_dir + $mu_plugins_dir;. What is causing the php error is the plus sign +. So it looks like we will need to change that code and use the PHP array_merge() function instead of the plus sign. Hopefully this is only affecting a small number people with a particular PHP server version or server type. In any case, we will get this code changed ASAP.  Also post this System Info below about your server type.

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    WP Filesystem API Method: direct
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Disregard all questions.  This will be fixed ASAP and BPS Pro 12.1 will be released in then next hour or so to fix this problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro 12.1 has been released with the corrected code.  Please upgrade to BPS Pro 12.1.  Thanks for reporting this bug. 😉

BugFix:  Plus sign + operand code changed to array_merge() in the Pre-Installation Wizard AutoRestore Exclude wp-content Folders code:

$uniqueDirs = array_merge($uniqueDirs1, $plugins_dir, $mu_plugins_dir);
    Tony Payne
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I upgraded to the latest version of BPS Pro yesterday, and tried to run the Setup Wizard again to check that the settings are correct.  On the 2 sites (same hosting account with Hostgator) the pre-install wizard checks hang with spinner after the cURL installed ok message is logged. I turned the cURL scan off and tried the wizard again, but it made no difference. On both sites I get the following in the PHP error log:

[26-Jul-2016 18:18:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /home4/xxxxxx/public_html/mydomain/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/pwizard-functions.php on line 973

I can’t see anything about this particular message anywhere.  Not had problems running the pre-install wizard before.  Any ideas?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Tony Payne – Yep, we have fixed this bug in BPS Pro 12.1, which was released about 45 minutes ago. Please upgrade to BPS Pro 12.1.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Tony Payne – Please go to the BPS Pro AutoRestore page > Exclude wp-content Folders tab page and check that you see a wp-content folder exclude rule for the plugins folder. See the screenshot below for an example of what you should see. You may see other folder exclude rules, but I just want to make sure that you see an exclude rule for the plugins folder.  So let me know what you see.

arq-wp-content-folder-exclude-rules

Tony Payne
    Participant

That was quick, thanks.
    12.1 installed ok.  I do see plugins in the exclude list, also backups and the wp-backups folder.
    I haven’t tried to run the Wizard again, since you wanted to make sure what I saw on my exclude folder list.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

ARGH! We found another important bug so we had to release another BPS Pro version with that bug fixed.  Sigh. Please upgrade to BPS Pro 12.2. I think we are good now and we apologize for the inconvenience of having to upgrade BPS Pro back to back. It happens . 😉

Ok good so the bug in BPS Pro 12 did not cause another problem for the existing ARQ Exclude wp-content Folders rules, but just wanted to make absolutely sure another problem was not caused by the bug in BPS Pro 12. Thanks for confirming the plugins folder exclude rule exists.  You do not need to re-run the Wizards for testing. We had the entire team testing that dumb bug and test results were all good.

Tony Payne
    Participant

Faster than a speeding bullet!
    12.2. installed ok.
    I thought the setup wizard pre-install was hanging on me again, but it just took a minute or so.
    The wizard ran perfectly this time, as it usually does.
    Thanks for resolving this so fast.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  And we apologize again for having to do back to back BPS Pro upgrades.

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Perfect, thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.