php errors for BPS activation.php and maintenance.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro php errors for BPS activation.php and maintenance.php

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

hello,

I’ve recently done a fresh install of BPS pro on a new WP site, hosted by Sitground (as an addon domain, sitting in it’s own sub-folder).

Since install I keep getting the same php errors in the error log:

[19-Jan-2021 19:22:42 UTC] PHP Warning: gethostbyaddr(): Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /home/me/public_html/my-site.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/activation/activation.php on line 494
    [19-Jan-2021 19:25:01 UTC] PHP Warning: gethostbyaddr(): Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /home/me/public_html/my-site.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/activation/activation.php on line 494

Is this a problem?

Also it’s currently in maintenance mode (set by BPS Pro) and it also shows this error regularly:

[19-Jan-2021 19:43:01 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/me/public_html/my-site.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/maintenance/maintenance.php on line 393

I’ve looked at my MM mode settings and can’t see any issue there. Again is this a problem?

I have the Siteground SG Optimiser installed (which I’ve read here can cause problems) and switched to ON for these settings:-

Dynamic Caching, Memcached, Enable HTTPS, GZIP Compression, Browser Caching, Minify the HTML Output, Minify JavaScript Files, Defer Render-blocking JS, Minify CSS Files, Combine CSS Files, Remove Query Strings From Static Resources, Disable Emojis, New Images Optimisation, Lazy Load Media (for all).

I’m not sure if these are the default setting on install… as I don’t remember enabling all of them! But maybe I did…

Many thanks in advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have the most current version of BPS Pro installed?  BPS Pro 15.1?  The gethostbyaddr() issue was fixed in a previous version of BPS Pro.

jenni101
    Participant

Hi,

Just checked and it is the most recent version (15.1). It was a fresh install too.

Shall I reinstall a new one?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, don’t do a reinstallation.  Are the php errors still occurring or did they just occur at one particular time?  If the php errors only occurred once then that would mean a temporary server hiccup occurred and there is nothing to fix.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It looks that the first php error is actually a bug that needs to be fixed.  The second php error could be caused by not entering a correct value in this MMode option setting:  Maintenance Mode Time.  Valid values would be numeric: 10 for 10 minutes, 30 for 30 minutes, etc.

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

The gethostbyaddr php error has not been repeated since jan 19th.

Looking in my MM settings, I haven’t set a time for it as I wasn’t using the countdown clock. Should I still put in a time?

Cheers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The gethostbyaddr() php error will only occur when you request a BPS Pro Activation Key.  The error does not cause a problem with requesting BPS Pro Activation Keys.  This php error will be fixed in BPS Pro 15.2.   You can enter any number in the Maintenance Mode Time option setting text box.  Try entering 0.  This is a nick nack issue that will also be fixed in BPS Pro 15.2.

jenni101
    Participant

Great – thanks very much for your help. Excellent as always!

jenni101
    Participant

FYI – Just tried the 0 minutes setting in MM and it caused the MM error again.

So no problem for me, I’ll just leave it as is until your update.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just tested adding the number 0 on a test site and that took care of the php error.  So most likely you just didn’t save your option setting changes.

jenni101
    Participant

Just double checked and I’d input into Header Retry instead – now no errors if 0 input into the correct box! Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for confirming that worked. I have fixed this php error in BPS Pro 15.2.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.