PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

I ran into two fatal PHP errors on two of my GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites (livingmiracles.gr and spiri.ai). I was trying to run the Setup Wizards on those sites; the Pre-Installation Wizard ran and finished without any issues, but the Setup Wizard did not complete. The page reloaded and even the green success messages showed, but the spinning wheel remained. I had to cancel the process and afterwards the PHP error log showed the following message for each site:

livingmiracles.gr:

[26-Nov-2017 20:53:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php:184
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/content/a...', 0)
    #1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()
    #2 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php(184): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()
    #3 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php(2109): bpsSetupWizard_ARQ_wpcontent_backup('', '')
    #4 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php(2379): bpsSetupWiz in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php on line 184

spiri.ai:

[26-Nov-2017 20:48:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php:184
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/content/a...', 0)
    #2 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php(184): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()
    #3 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php(2109): bpsSetupWizard_ARQ_wpcontent_backup('', '')
    #4 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php(2379): bpsSetupWizard()
    #5 /home/conte in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/swizard-arq-functions.php on line 184

After this, ARQ was turned off, so I tried backing up all the files so I could turn ARQ back on. I could back up the root, /wp-admin, and /wp-includes directories without any problem, but the /wp-content backup didn’t finish. The spinning wheel just continued to show and I had to cancel the process. After that, I found the following in the PHP error log for each site:

livingmiracles.gr:

[26-Nov-2017 20:59:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php:291
    Stack trace:
    #2 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php(291): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()
    #3 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php(1105): bps_arcm_recursive_copy_wpcontent(NULL, NULL)
    #4 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-admin/admin.php(253): include('/home/content/a...')
    #5 {main}
    thr in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php on line 291

spiri.ai:

[26-Nov-2017 20:51:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php:291
    Stack trace:
    #2 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php(291): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()
    #3 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php(1105): bps_arcm_recursive_copy_wpcontent(NULL, NULL)
    #4 /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-admin/admin.php(253): include('/home/content/a...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/arq-backup-files.php on line 291

Can you see what may be happening there? I appreciate any input you can give. I’m aware there’s some odd behavior on Managed WordPress but none of the other 30 Managed WordPress sites I manage show this same behavior.

Thank you!
    Jutta

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Looks like a classic open_basedir problem or could be an SPL library issue. Once again you are going to need to contact GD Managed WordPress hosting support folks.  This is something they will need to fix in your hosting environment.  Probably sound like a broken record at this point, but yeah when it comes to GDMW hosting or Mod Security it falls on your host to fix whatever issue is going on.  We always handle any issues/problems that BPS causes directly because that is of course the right thing to do, but yeah this falls outside of our jurisdication. 😉

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you! No problem 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.