PHP Memory Limit Not Matching in BPS

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Memory Limit Not Matching in BPS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant

I have a site that has .user.ini and php.ini files that both show the PHP memory_limit as 512M but BPS is showing 256M under the system info. I created a file called info.php to run phpinfo() and it shows 512M as well. I am getting errors on the site that all memory is exhausted when trying to edit in the WP Theme and was advised to increase memory_limit to the 512M which I did in cPanel but still get the error and confused why BPS still shows the old setting which I assume is correct since still get error but everything else shows the new setting. Any thoughts.

Terry
    Participant

I just found it in the wp-config.php file under BPS Pro ini_set settings.

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’,’256M’);

I have some sites that have this section in the wp-config file and some don’t. Can you advise where it is in BPS that has it create this section.

Terry
    Participant

Never mind, sorry to bother you. I found it under the PHP Options in BPS. Funny I never seen that section. Just kept overlooking it. Have a Great day.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are running out of PHP memory then you need to check the code that is causing that problem and fix it.  256MB should be plenty of memory to run a WordPress site.  Bad code can cause out of memory errors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.