P-Security page loads slowly – log file size very large, page hangs

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro P-Security page loads slowly – log file size very large, page hangs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    adam tracksler
    Participant

On one of my sites, the P-security page seems to hang up and take forever to load. All of the other pages load fine, Any other site I have this installed on works fine, and does not exhibit this behavior. Should I completely de-nstall and reinstall?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The most likely cause of this issue/problem is that your PHP Error log file is extremely large.  FTP to your website, go to /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/ and download your bps_php_error.log file.  Make a copy of it and then delete everything/all contents in that copy and upload the blank file.  You should have S-Monitor settings automatically zipping and emailing log files to you.  Check S-Monitor settings and choose zip and email options.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We are actually experiencing this same issue/problem.  There has been on ongoing WordPress Brute force attack and our php error log files are logging massive amounts of php errors.  We will be adding an additional check/feature in BPS Pro 5.8 that will automatically “fix” this type of issue.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/global-brute-force-attack-on-wordpress-sites/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.