Restoring An Old BackupBuddy Backup and BPS Pro AutoRestore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Restoring An Old BackupBuddy Backup and BPS Pro AutoRestore

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wesley Harrison
    Participant

I am trying to restore a site using backup buddy that had BPS installed. It will go through the process and extract the files and that’s when to problems begin. It will state the it cannot create the htacess.bbtemp file and that the config.php files write permissions are not set correctly. I can manually insert the code for the config file and refresh the page and the site will actually work, until I clean up the files or click the dashboard inside. Then no matter what I do it loses the connection with the data base. I cannot access anything logs form BPS because the site shuts down as soon as it is cleaned up from the extra files from the backupbuddy install.

Please Help
    Wes Harrison

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I sent you an email response, but it would be good to document this here as well.  AutoRestore is designed to monitor your website for any file changes since if your website was being hacked then file changes would be occurring and AutoRestore/Quarantine IDPS would do what it is designed to do – stop that attack by autorestoring and quarantining files that have been changed or modified.

There are several different approaches you can take, but I think the simplest approach is…
    1. Delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder from your old backup.
    2. Restore your old backup.

Newer Info: Use XTF to deactivate ARQ, Reinstall BPS Pro using XTF, login and run the Wizards.

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) are intended to be used when you are unable to login to your website to fix an issue/problem.  You can turn Off BPS Pro features using the XTF Form options without having to be logged into your website.

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Guide
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Video Tutorial
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#xternal-tools

Jeff Burger
    Participant

I need to revert to an earlier BackupBuddy backup. Reading the thread above, I just want to make sure I’m clear about the “Newer Info”. I’ve already saved the backup I want to revert to. So I do the first 5 of 6 ImportBuddy steps (https://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Manual_Migration) to restore the site, then use XTF to turn off BPS before logging into the restored backend or trying to do anything else. Then I log in and test my install and run the BPS wizards. Right?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jeff Burger – This topic is a few years old.  So the simpler steps would be:  Turn Off AutoRestore, restore your site and then run the BPS Pro Setup Wizard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.