Better WP Security – Conflict with All-in-One Event Calendar

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Better WP Security – Conflict with All-in-One Event Calendar

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Delete the .htaccess file in your wp-admin folder by using the Delete wp-admin htaccess file option on the BPS Security Modes page.  If the problem is still occurring then it has nothing to do with BPS.  The only suggestion I have left is then to do the standard WordPress troubleshooting steps. Deactivate all plugins and switch your Theme.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And also make sure you have put deactivated Root Folder BulletProof Mode.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also I don’t know anything about the All-in-One Event Calendar plugin so it may just be that you are not doing something or not choosing a setting, etc.  I really have no idea how that plugin is supposed to work or how it is supposed to look visually so I cannot offer any help regarding other plugins that I know nothing about.   😉  You would need to check with the the plugin authors who created that plugin.

HCE
    Participant

Ok, thank you so much for all your assistance!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you check with the All-in-One Event Calendar plugin folks and they say that BPS is blocking something then post back here, but if you deactivated Root Folder BulletProof Mode then you have already eliminated that BPS is causing the issue/problem.  😉

HCE
    Participant

I just did the WordPress troubleshooting you advised and it looks like the “Better WP Security” plugin is the culprit. lol  Thanks again for your help, and thanks for your great plugin!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ahh yep I should have asked you if you had that plugin installed.  Thanks for letting me know.  I will add a Tag to this Forum Topic so that other folks in this same boat will have the answer quickly without having to pull out any of their hair.  LOL

HCE
    Participant

I found the fix for this!!!  The problem was certainly the Better WP Security plugin.  In that plugin’s settings area, there is a section entitled, “System Tweaks”.  If “Display random version number to all non-administrative users” is selected then the All-in-One-Calendar with not display properly when logged out of the WP dashboard as an Admin.  If that selection is unchecked, everything displays properly.  I just unchecked that option and everything is working fine now.  Apparently, displaying a random WordPress version number, as that option does, affects the CSS.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cool!  Also it is impossible to hide your WordPress version so no big loss.  Years ago we added the silly feature to hide the WordPress version – totally silly because there are dozens of other ways to find out what version of WordPress you have installed.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.