plugin htaccess file – RewriteRule: unknown flag

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro plugin htaccess file – RewriteRule: unknown flag

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pdlc
    Participant

Hello,

i have  3 websites with BPS pro, the problem  : in the plugin htaccess file something add a “]” at the last line :   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ – [F]].

Here is the erro log : www/wp-content/plugins/.htaccess: RewriteRule: unknown flag ‘F]’,

The solution is  :

1/remove this “]”, encrypt and save the plugin htaccess file  and

2/ update BPS pro

It ok after that, the website display without error but i wonder what the matter ?

Any suggestion ?

best regard,

M

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I did not find any bugs in the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.  So I did some manual testing to recreate this issue.

Manually added an extra square bracket code character using the BPS Pro htaccess File Editor: ] to the end of the RewriteRule.
    Confirmed the error: [Tue Nov 02 05:45:16.206716 2021] [core:alert] [pid 6452:tid 1856] [client 127.0.0.1:56608] C:/xampp/xxxxx/aitpro-blog/wp-content/plugins/.htaccess: RewriteRule: unknown flag 'F]'
    On the next Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron run the manual typo/mistake was automatically fixed.

Conclusion:
    The only logical thing I can think of that caused this problem is that the /plugins/.htaccess file was manually edited and was copied to all 3 of your sites.  Since the typo/mistake was not automatically fixed by the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron then either AutoPilot Mode is not turned On or WP Standard Cron jobs are disabled on your 3 sites.

pdlc
    Participant

Thank you for your answer very clear.

I forgot to tell you that the first time i see this error, i did nothing and the next day this error disapear ! I just undestand with your answer, that the typo/mistake was automatically fixed by the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot (it is turned On).
    I’m sure that i didn’t add myself in the /plugins/.htaccess file  the bracket ] …
    One more precision : My website are hosted on a shared hosting (OVH). I suppose some hacker achieve to do that ? or a conflict with another plugin ?
    Best regard,
    Monique

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So you are saying that this issue has occurred more than once correct?  If you would like for me to check your website for the cause of this issue then send a WordPress Administrator login and an FTP login to your hosting account to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

pdlc
    Participant

ok, I send you a WordPress Administrator login and an FTP login to my hosting account.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have checked your site and hosting account.  Your site and hosting account are not hacked. They are 100% clean of hacker files and code.  The problem could not have been caused by any of your installed plugins.  So at this point keep an eye on this and let me know if the problem happens again.  If it does happen again note the exact time that the problem occurs.

pdlc
    Participant

ok thanks 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.