wpMandrill – wp_mail has been declared by another process or plugin

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro wpMandrill – wp_mail has been declared by another process or plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Timbo
    Participant

Hi there,

I use a transactional mailing service called wpMandrill (by MailChimp), to handle delivery, tracking, formatting/mail templates, etc for all the emails generated by my website. The wpMandrill team have developed a WordPress plugin which intercepts all “wp_mail” calls and directs the email through their service. You can find more info about them from the following links:
    mandrill.com
    wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmandrill

Unfortunately it looks like the latest version of BPS Pro 5.8.1/.48.5 (or perhaps the previous version) has declared the “wp_mail” function which wpMandrill relies upon. Because of this, the wpMandrill plugin displays the following error:
    “Mandrill: wp_mail has been declared by another process or plugin, so you won’t be able to use Mandrill until the problem is solved.”

Mandrill: Version 1.28
    BPS Pro: Version 5.8.1 (.48.5)

Both of these plugins (BPS Pro and wpMandrill) are what I consider essential, but for the time being I have to use an old version of BPS Pro so I can continue to use wpMandrill to handle the emails generated from our site. Which is unfortunate as I’m sooo keen to try out the new “Login Security” functions included in the latest release.

I have seen the wpMandrill team work with other plugin developers to resolve issues like this, so obviously I would love to see something like that happen with BPS Pro.

Thanks for your support!

-Timbo

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I will test this plugin.  What does not seem logical to me is that wp_mail is a standard mail function that is used in a lot of plugins together without any conflicts so I do not understand yet why or what wpMandrill is doing.  Normally this is not an issue/problem with all other plugins that use the wp_mail function and all other standard WordPress functions so once I look at the wpMandrill code I will have a better understanding of what the problem is with wpMandrill.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also please download an updated version of BPS Pro 5.8.1 from the Secure Download Area and install it and see if this takes care of the issue/problem.  We will be officially releasing this version as 5.8.2 either today or tomorrow.  It has additional conditions added to Login Security to ensure that it is completely turned Off when you select Turn Off Login Security.

FYI – if wpMandrill is doing something with authentication then it is possible that you will not be able to use BPS Pro Login Security.  You can only use 1 Login Security feature at a time.  ie you would not be able to use 2 separate plugins to do the exact or similar things.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually it looks like someone else has already discovered the problem with wpMandrill and has posted a solution in the link below.  I could add code to BPS Pro to override wpMandrill, but I think it would be better if wpMandrill fixes the problem within its own plugin.  😉
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_mail-filter-isnt-called?replies=1

And additional option settings are planned for the next release of wpMandrill since this is impacting other plugins as well.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plaintext-emails-converted-to-html-remove-newlines?replies=4

Timbo
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for your detailed responses. I have contacted the Mandrill support team and directed them to this thread, I’ll let you know what they come back with.

Many thanks!
    -Timbo

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually I think this issue/problem is related to this.  Try adding the workaround fix and let me know what happens.  Thanks.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-conflict-with-s2member/#post-5852

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.