Plugin Locks site login for few min without any reason

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Plugin Locks site login for few min without any reason

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Suresh Kumar
    Participant

I am using BPS free version.

Issue: whenever I tried to login at my site’s backend (wp-admin), it says that the site is locked for some time due to continuous invalid login attempt. But I confirm we are using the correct login credentials to login to the wp-admin (wordpress site)

Also at some time my session got closed even if I am navigating the pages actively.

1. Please provide with information on how to view logs related to BPS
    2. Please let know the reason for BPS plugin repeatedly expiring login session eventhough I am actively using the site
    3. Also provide me step to over come the site locked out issue
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It sounds like someone is trying to login to your website using your user account.  Create a new Administrator account that you only use for logging into your site.  Do not use that Admin account to create any Posts since that will expose your new Admin user account publicly on your site.

ISL uses JavaScript to check things like mouse movements and keyboard input.  It is “soft” setting vs ACE, which is a “hard” setting.  Are you using ACE?  If you are using ACE then make sure the “Auth Cookie Expiration Time in Minutes” is not set to an expiration time that is too low.  ACE will log you out of your site even if you are active on your site.

Suresh Kumar
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response.

1. In our team each one holds a separate login credentials as an administrator. Since this is an eCommerce site we do not post any content to the public for visibility.

Hence there is no chance of our user account being exposed to public. Hence the 1st suggestion may not be applicable to us.

2. We have not enabled the ACE option at BPS and hence there is no chance the expiration of authentication cookie happens at any time.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Post a link to your site so I can check it. Or send the website link via email: info@ait-pro.com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If Kilowott.com is the site that is experiencing these problems then it appears you may be “overcaching” this site.  You are using CloudFlare and maybe even static page caching as well.  Originally I was going to mention caching as the root problem.  So if this is the site you are referring too then you have an obvious caching problem occurring.  More is not always better.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Disregard > Kilowott.com does not have BPS installed on it.  So you must be referring to a different website.

Suresh Kumar
    Participant

Kilowott.com is not the site we are facing this issue in.

It is one of our client’s site we are facing this issue with. I will get approval from our client before I share the details here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.