Plugin/Theme skip/bypass rule

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Plugin/Theme skip/bypass rule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

General help example of creating and adding a plugin/theme skip/bypass rule to BPS Root Custom Code

1. Copy the code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE PLUGIN/THEME SKIP/BYPASS RULES
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

NOTES:
    If your WordPress installation is in a subfolder then add your WordPress subfolder name in the path.
    Example:  /my-wordpress-installation-folder-name/wp-content/plugins/plugin-folder-name/.

If you already have a skip/bypass rule that is using S=13 in BPS Custom Code then this new skip/bypass rule will be S=14 and will go above skip/bypass rule S=13.
    Example of adding multiple skip/bypass rules:

# Example S=14: Plugin Name Here skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/plugin-folder-name/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=14]
    # Example S=13: Plugin Name Here skip/bypass rule
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

Example of adding a single Plugin skip/bypass rule:

# Plugin Name Here skip/bypass
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

Example of adding a single Theme skip/bypass rule:

# Theme Name Here skip/bypass
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/themes/theme-folder-name/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]
    MMBCB
    Participant

I used before updating my theme. Was that the correct thing to do and if so can I now delete the theme skip custom code?

# Theme Name Here skip/bypass
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/themes/theme-folder-name/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Were you installing an update/upgrade to your theme?

MMBCB
    Participant

Yes, but I did not create a new htaccess file, so it did not take right..thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just want to check to make sure you are using the Theme skip/bypass rule in a way (or a similar way) that it was designed to be used.  A Theme skip/bypass rule is typically used when some code in the Root htaccess file is blocking something in a particular Theme.  Creating a Theme skip/bypass rule whitelists that Theme (all Theme files) so that the Root htaccess file code does not block something in that Theme.  AutoRestore has a folder exclude rule tool to exclude Theme folders from being checked by AutoRestore if what you want to do is to not have AutoRestore check any of those Theme folders.  See this BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore|Quarantine Exclude Folders & Files Video Tutorial: http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine  if what you want to do is exclude Theme folders from being checked by AutoRestore.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.