Plugin Updates “are gone” (not shown)

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Plugin Updates “are gone” (not shown)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fredel007
    Participant

Hey there,

i hope you can help. I have a strange behavior on my site:

• New Updates of Plugins are not shown
    • But: If i deactive & activate any plugin the updates are shown
    • But: They are just shown for a period of a minute or so and then are “gone” (the plugins are shown as they where the actual version, no hint fpr “update” anywhere..). All Cache ist empty, deleted etc.
    • I disabled any plugins with no glory, but it seems to have to do with any of the .htaccess provided by bullet proof premium.

Do you have any idea or can help, this is causing me n***

Thanks so far!

Best

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Plugin update notifications are generated by making a communication connection to the WordPress plugin API server (wordpress.org) to perform a check for any new plugin versions.  So it sounds like either something that you have installed (plugin or theme) is interfering with that communication or something installed on your web host server is interfering with that communication.  Most likely one of the plugins you have installed is improperly doing an API server plugin upgrade check, which is breaking all other API server upgrade checks.  It could also be your theme.  What you need to do is standard WordPress plugin and theme troubleshooting.  Switch your theme temporarily to the WordPress twentytwentyone theme (or another WP theme) test/check things.  If your theme is not causing the problem then deactivate your plugins 1 by 1 until you find the plugin that is causing the problem.

Start with premium/paid plugins since it is most likely that 1 of your premium/paid plugins is causing this problem.

Fredel007
    Participant

Hey & thanks for super fast reply, will try again! Best

Fredel007
    Participant

Hey, in fact it is the NextGen Plus Plugin – Sorry for posting here (due to other Cache Topics i thought htaccess rules where the issue)!

Sorry & Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Glad you got the problem figured out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.