WPAchievements Plugin

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WPAchievements Plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ted Kaiser
    Participant

Hi,

We have set up a site with BuddyPress, bbPress, the LearnDash LMS and we are attempting to add the WPAchievements plugin which integrates with all of those to set up ranks and achievements for users based on their activities in all those plugins. However, the WPAchievements plugin is having some issues. The developers took a look on our site (khptraining.org) using a temp admin account, and shared this analysis with us:

——————-

We have taken a look at your website and it appears that the issue is caused by the plugin “BPS Security” blocking jQuery scripts loading from Google Libraries.

There are several ways that we can modify WPAchievements to bypass this issue, however we would recommend speaking with BPS Security support and finding a solution to stop it blocking Google Libraries as many plugins use it and loading script from Google is also quicker than running it on your own server.

——————-

Browsing around on your support, I noticed a couple of references to the “right” and the “wrong” way to call Google Libraries scripts. I wonder if WPAchievements may be using the “wrong” approach?

I’d be happy to pass along a temp admin account by email if you’d like to take a look at the site / plugin?

((BPS Root Folder BulletProof Mode is temporarily deactivated at the moment as you recommend for plugin conflict testing. That said, switching BPS in and out of Root Folder BulletProof Mode is challenging because we are using a statement in the .htaccess file (SetEnv PHPRC /home/username/public_html/php.ini ) to recursively include a php.ini file to increase max mem sufficiently to allow BuddyPress to run. Each time we switch back and forth, we may have to manually access the .htaccess file to put in that statement.))

Ted Kaiser
    Participant

Hi,

In communication with developer of WPAchievements, they indicate that they think the best thing is to adjust code to load scripts locally…

Thanks!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well it is kind of frowned upon in general in the WordPress Community to call external scripts/libraries, but if a Google library has something that is not already bundled with WordPress then I would not consider that a faux pas.  😉  I see that same general consensus by some very well respected coders so it is just one of those things that out of necessity you must call that external library.  Or of course you can bundle a minified version of the script with the plugin if it does not increase overall plugin size significantly.

BPS is very flexible and allows whitelisting and skip/bypass rules to allow any plugin to do whatever it needs to do.  I have not come across a plugin yet that could not be whitelisted to work without any problems with BPS.

If you post the error from your BPS Security Log file I can tell you exactly what needs to be whitelisted.

Is this the plugin – Achievements for WordPress?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/achievements/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope not that plugin.  Looks like it is the premium plugin on the Code Canyon site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.