Pre-installation Wizard Could not initialize a new cURL handle

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Pre-installation Wizard Could not initialize a new cURL handle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

Hi,

When i run the pre installation Wizrd Checks i get a lot of Warnings and do not know what to do. There is no “Run Setup Wizard” Button after the check.

Warning: curl_init() [function.curl-init]: Could not initialize a new cURL handle in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 825
    Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 826
    Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 827
    Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 828
    Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 829
    Warning: curl_multi_add_handle() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php on line 830

Regards,
    Simon

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These cURL errors appears to be specific to 1and1 hosting.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-install-or-update-plug-ins

1. Copy these php handlers to this Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE: Add php.ini handler and/or plugin cache code here
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

# 1and1 php handler for cURL errors
    AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

Note:  The order of custom code in the php/php.ini handler/cache code Custom Code text box is:
    php.ini handler
    other php handlers (the 1and1 x-map handler)
    plugin cache code (if you are using a caching plugin)
    BPS Speed Boost Cache code (if you have added the BPS Speed Boost caching code)

simon
    Participant

Ok, i will try this. And after that i go back to the installation wizard and do the Pre inst run and the then the inst wizard?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, you would run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again.  You can re-run them over and over at any time.

simon
    Participant

Allright. Just to make no mistake: I did not run the Setup Wizard yet. Only the Pre-installation check. So adding that code to the Custom Code text box before doing the Setup Wizard is correct?

simon
    Participant

I did it like you said. But the same problem again whe i run the pre installation wizzard. This Error Message appeared when i Activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode:

Warning: copy(/homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/auto_.htaccess) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/31/xxxxx/htdocs/christine/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/options.php on line 166
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm ok that 1and1 cURL fix was 3 years old so probably something has changed.  You will need to contact 1and1 and find out what you need to do to get cURL working on your 1and1 hosting account.  After checking with 1and1 and finding out what needs to be done to allow cURL on your website please post the solution back here to help other folks out.

You can disregard that copy error.  This occurs because the /bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/ folder has not been created yet by running the Setup Wizard.

simon
    Participant

Ok, I’ll do that. Strange is, that another wp site on the same 1and1 server did not have these problems… (Should i deactivate bps pro as long as i can not run the setup wizzard)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also if it turns out that the cURL issue does not have a solution on 1and1 then you can just continue on with the BPS Pro installation.  Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.  Then since cURL does not work on your website you will need to manually setup the Plugin Firewall by watching this Video Tutorial below.  cURL is only used to get plugin scripts that need to whitelisted in the Plugin Firewall and is not used in any other regular BPS Pro functionality so BPS Pro will function completely normally if cURL is disabled or not working on a particular website/Host/Server.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#security-log-firewall

simon
    Participant

I’ll ask 1and1 and follow your instructions. …but, as i mentioned, when i run the Pre-Installation Wizard – there comes no Setup Wizard button anymore. (Should i press the Setup Wizard Button without running the Pre-Installation Wizzard before?)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Setup Wizard button has probably been pushed either very far down the page or pushed off the page and I guess it is possible, but not likely that 1and1 problem is terminating/killing the rest of the page.  Yes, try running the Setup Wizard without clicking the Pre-Installation Wizard button again.  Just in case something goes wrong backup your website files and database first so that you can restore the website if it crashes.

simon
    Participant

Well, this sounds risky….then i better wait for an 1and1 answer, as this clients site should not crash! 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm I just saw that you said another site on this Host is not displaying the cURL errors.  Uninstall BPS Pro and reinstall BPS Pro and run the Pre-Installation Wizard again.  There could be something else installed on this website that is preventing cURL from working.  Are there any different plugins installed on this website?  Does this website have any 3rd party applications installed that are not installed on the other website?  Is the System Info exactly the same for both websites?  You will find the System Info on the BPS Pro System Info page.  It could be that these websites are actually installed on different Servers even though they are under the same Hosting Account.

You could try deactivating all plugins on this website and then run the Pre-Installation Wizard again.

simon
    Participant

I just mentioned, that all subpages got an error: page could not be found. I then deinstalled bps pro, clicked on the save permalink settings ang could solve the error. Now i am afraid that this happens again. Yes, there are different plugins than on the other page. But they are all needed and they are all in use. What should i do?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Make a backup of the website and run the Setup Wizard.  Then you will need to manually setup the Plugin Firewall using this video tutorial below.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#security-log-firewall

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.