Problem updating W3 Total Cache

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Problem updating W3 Total Cache

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

Hello, recently the W3 Total Cache plugin has been updated to version 0.9.2.6.  After updating the plugin and enable the Enable Page Cahe, visitors can see the blog, pair the error: Error 330 (net :: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.  Apparently everything is fine, but not so. The problem I have in my two blog are http://masalladelared.com and http://susurros.info
    It only happens when I enable the Enable Page Cache Option
    Translated by google

thanks Incidentally Eddy, have administrator permissions if you need it

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This problem may or may not be related to BPS Pro, but since W3 Total Cache writes htaccess code to your root .htaccess file then you would first need to unlock your root .htaccess file to allow W3TC to be able to write new htaccess code to your root .htaccess file.  After unlocking your root .htaccess you should also turn off AutoRestore just in case and then go to W3TC options page and resave/redeploy your W3TC options and then go to AutoRestore and click all 4 Backup Files buttons and turn AutoRestore back On.  Then lock your Root .htaccess file.  If the problem is still occurring then the problem is not related to BPS Pro.  See below.

I have seen a lot of reports from folks in the WordPress Forums that there are new problems with W3TC in this latest version.  Please check the W3TC plugin Plugin Forum area on the WordPress.org site.

Patrick
    Participant

Thank you for aswer. I’ve followed the steps you explained to me. However there is another error, from which I leave you a photo. By now I will have the plugin w3 total cache deactivated, just to see  if with further updates the problem is solved.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/403error2.jpg/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When i visit your site i do not see the standard BPS Pro 403 Forbidden page/banner.  When do you see the BPS Pro 403 Forbidden page/banner?  Just when you go to your site or when you do something that causes the error to display?  Check your BPS Pro Security Log file for the logged error and post it here.  ONLY post that specific log error and DO NOT post any OTHER log entries.  Thanks.

Patrick
    Participant

You cannot  see the problem now when you visit my blog because w 3 total cache is not activated right now.
    I cannot see any specific error in the error log location section

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh so you are saying that ONLY when you activate W3TC you see the 403 Forbidden page/banner?  Also like I already mentioned there are a lot of problems going on with W3TC right now so you definitely want to check the WordPress.org Plugin page for W3TC to see what those problems are.

Patrick
    Participant

Thank you very much for your answer. I will have W3TC deactivated and if the problem is not solved with next updates, I will change the cache plugin.
    See you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.