Problem with Private page with password

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Problem with Private page with password

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Manu.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hi there,

Since I have installed, the BPS Pro plugin, I can’t access to the pages with private status in Worpress.

I access to the page > type the password > and then I have “BPS Pro Plugin 403 Error Page”

Tks for your help

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Go to the BPS Security Log page, copy a Security Log entry that shows what is being blocked and paste the Security Log entry in your forum reply.  Also you can use BPS Pro troubleshooting steps here to figure out which BPS Pro feature is causing the 403 error > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Manu
    Participant

Here is the code

Tks

[403 GET Request: April 14, 2023 2:19 pm]
    BPS Pro: 17.1
    WP: 6.2
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 103.117.180.72
    Host Name: indus.ewebguru.com
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /xmlrpc.php
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; LM-Q720) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Mobile Safari/537.36
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

XML-RPC (xmlrpc.php) handles remote posting/publishing.  Are you trying to login to password protected pages from your phone or a remote computer?  If not, then the Security Log entry you posted is not related to the password protected page problem.  Contact me directly via email:  info@ait-pro.com.  Send me a link to one of your password protected pages so I can use Google Chrome Developer Tools to see what is being blocked.

Manu
    Participant

Just sent.

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I was successfully able to access the password protected page without any errors. Do you have any Browser add-ons/extensions like a password manager or automatic form filler? Are you using a VPN/Proxy Browser? Try clearing your Browser cache and disabling all add-ons/extensions. If you are using a VPN/Proxy browser then try a regular Browser.

Manu
    Participant

Ah yes ? You have entered thé password and you were able to Access thé page ?

Because I have asked a Friend to try and he had thé same problem.

Tks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, I successfully logged into the test page.  The test password page link you sent to me is a blank page with no text on it.  Does the password you are using contain any special characters?  Example:  é the accent character on the e would be seen as a single quote code character, which would be blocked and cause a 403 error.

Pretty sure BPS would not block that, but if your web host uses ModSecurity then ModSecurity would block accent characters on POST Requests.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just tested entering a single quote and double quote code character in a password and neither were blocked. So that does not look like the problem.

Manu
    Participant

You are right. No problem on firefox and no more problem on chrome after clearing cache 🙂

Thanks for your help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.