problems setting up BPro on Staging site

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro problems setting up BPro on Staging site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hangojango
    Participant

Hello.

I use WP Engine, which has a Production and Staging site. Things have been fine on the Production site but for a long time, we couldn’t work out why the Staging site would redirect the logged-in user to the Production dashboard. Now we know it’s because the wp-config file was copied across, and anytime WPE Support tried to apply a fresh wp-config file, of course it was quarantined and they didn’t realise they could restore it from within the dashboard … or could they? Because (being a non-coder here) I assume a default wp-config file wouldn’t work with BPro.

So anyway, WPE Support deactivated BPro plugin and the Staging site now works well. I decided to take a look (after backing up of course) and activated BPro. Three issues appeared:

1. I was told I had an invalid/incorrect BPS Pro Activation Key. So I went to Setup > Activation and put in the Save Download-Request Key that I had on file. I then checked my email but unfortunately I’ve since changed the domain of the email I had purchased BPro with. I thought all mail was redirected but anyway, no new Activation Key came through so I simply copied the Activation Key from the Production site to the Staging site but I still get the invalid-key message. I can’t run Wizard etc. until this step is sorted.
    2. There was a message that a file had been quarantined, as expected, but I couldn’t see any options in Quarantine view. I just got the same message, as well as the message below….
    3. There was a message that “PHP Error Log Location Set To” value did not match “Error Log Path Seen by Server” value. There is a link to go to the PHP Error Log page, but again, that takes me nowhere, just the same messages stay on the screen. I clicked the link to the forum for “PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match” and followed the steps to use SFTP to copy BPS ini_set Options placeholder text in wp-config file. I still can’t visit the PHP Error Log Page.

So I’ve taken a look, tried some forum advice, but I know I’m out of my depth here as a mere layman messing with stuff. Could you give me some specific steps to follow – presumably addressing the Key issue first? Cheers.

hangojango
    Participant

Just setting email for follow-up replies with this post 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro Activation Keys are unique for each website.  Each website will have a unique Activation Key.  Request a new BPS Pro Activation Key for the staging site on the BPS Pro > Setup menu > Activation page.  Once you get BPS Pro successfully activated you will be able to fix #2 and #3 items that you listed above.

Regarding the wp-config.php file that was quarantined.  Any time you are manually editing, uploading or modifying files use the AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files > http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

If you are still unable to fix everything then send a WordPress Administrator login to your website to email: info at ait-pro dot com.

hangojango
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I knew that the Activation Key was crucial but as I tried to describe, I have been unable to request a new one. I thought it was because I’d used a previous domain to buy BPro but I’ve just found a screenshot of my Paypal receipt and it has my current email address on it so that can’t be the issue. I’ve done the steps in BPS Pro > Setup menu > Activation twice but no email has come through with a new Activation Key. Please advise if there is something else you want me to try or else I’ll email you Admin login. Cheers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see an API server error for this staging site:  stagingenook.wpengine.com.  I also checked if this site has successfully made a BPS Pro Activation Key request and there is no log entry for that.  Send a WordPress Administrator login to your staging website to email: info at ait-pro dot com. So I can figure out the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.