Rename BPS Pro plugin folder steps

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Rename BPS Pro plugin folder steps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve Lubetkin
    Participant

One of my sites went down with a 500 error. During troubleshooting I disabled BPS pro via FTP by renaming the plugin folder so I could do a reinstall of WP. I discovered a problem with another plugin and disabled that to resolve the 500 error.

What’s the correct procedure now to reactivate BPS Pro without having it auto-quarantine the entire site when it’s reactivated?

Notify me via email…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you have BPS Pro version 12.8 or higher installed then after you have renamed the BPS plugin folder you would visit your website, which automatically turns Off AutoRestore.  You would then rename the /_bulletproof-security/ back to /bulletproof-security/, login to your website and run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.  Running the Setup Wizard automatically backs up all website files and turns AutoRestore back On.  If you have an older version of BPS Pro installed below version 12.8 you can download the most current version of BPS Pro, unzip the BPS Pro zip file on your computer and upload this file:  /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/bps-pro-mu-tools.php to your WordPress must-use plugin folder here:  /wp-content/mu-plugins/.  Then visit your website to turn Off AutoRestore.  Note:  If you do not see this folder:  /wp-content/mu-plugins/ then create the /mu-plugins/ folder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.