Duplicator Pro Files Quarantines

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Duplicator Pro Files Quarantines

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Coleman
    Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased Duplicator Pro plugin which is a backup/migrate plugin. The plugin generates files in its plugin folder during the backup process which are all being blocked/quarantined by BPS Pro. I have added an exception on the quarantine page for the plugin directory but it continues to quarantine the files. Unfortunately, when it quarantines the files this causes the backup process to fail.

I’ve looked through the security logs but there isn’t anything noted.

How to I get it to stop blocking/quarantining the processes of Duplicator Pro?

Thanks,

Pat

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is the path and folder name where the Duplicator Pro plugin files are being quarantined?  Use x’s to obfuscate your actual hosting account folder names, but do not use x’s for standard WP folder names.  Example:  /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/wp-content/duplicator-backup-folder-name/

Patrick Coleman
    Participant

The directory is Duplicator Pro’s tmp folder in wp-content. This is the directory and sub-directory:

C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\wwwroot\wp-content\backups-dup-pro

C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\wwwroot\wp-content\backups-dup-pro\tmp

I’ve excluded both in the quarantine directory exclusion and ARQ directory exclusion but the files created continue to be quarantined.

Patrick Coleman
    Participant

FYI – after 12 hours of complete frustration trying to get this to work, I finally opted for turning off ARQ (which I hate doing) and that did the trick. The backup files are being created without an issue if ARQ is turned off. I thought the whole point of being able to exclude a directory was to avoid this issue of having to turn off ARQ when a plugin creates tmp files.

Maybe I am missing something but I have followed the outlined procedures for excluding a directory but it doesn’t seem to make a difference to ARQ if the directory is excluded or not.

Is this a bug or am I missing something??

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

1. Go to AutoRestore > Exclude wp-content Folders tab page.
    2. Enter “Exclude backups-dup-pro Folder” for the label.
    3. Enter: backups-dup-pro for the folder name to exclude. Note: Do not add any slashes or any other folder path information. Just enter the folder name.
    4. Click the Save Folder Exclude Rules button.
    5. Go to Quarantine and restore all the backups-dup-pro files from Quarantine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.