Updraft backup exclude folders and files from being checked by AutoRestore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Updraft backup exclude folders and files from being checked by AutoRestore

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming the problem is resolved.

alan sills
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I just installed updraft plus plugin. A few minutes after completing the install, BPS Pro hit me with a TON of quarintined files – 99% from the updraft directory. For the past 20+ minutes I’ve been working in quarantine to restore all the files – it finds 20 or so at a time, I restore them then it finds more. Is there a “clean” way to install updraft plus (or any plugin) to NOT encounter this issue? At this point (i’m not done encountering quarantine messages), should I simply delete the plugin and start over using a different approach?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alan sills – Do these steps to restore updraft files from Quarantine and to create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the updraft backup folder:

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Issue|Problem:
    • Files in a wp-content folder are being quarantined. For this example I will use the /wp-content/managewp/ wp-content folder.

Solution:
    Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the managewp wp-content folder. Note: This example is using the managewp folder for the example. If files are being quarantined from a different wp-content folder name then use that folder name for your AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and restore the managewp files that were quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Exclude wp-content Folders tab page > type or copy and paste the name of the managewp wp-content folder: managewp
    4. Click the Save Folder Exclude Rules button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

alan sills
    Participant

UPDATE: 6 files are now quarantined – all .tmp files, all in the wp-admin directory. Is updraftplus creating these tmp files “on the fly”?

Ok, so if I “get” this – with the autorestore “on”, when I “restored” files from quarantine, WITHOUT executing the above steps, the auto-restore was (minutes later) simply dumping them right back into quarantine?

The problem is MOSTLY fixed, but 3 files got dropped back into quarantine (not from the “updraft” directory). The 3 files detailed below. I suspect these are tied in with the install of the updraftplus plugin. Do you agree? If so, do I go to “add/exclude other folders and files” under autorestore? And if so, do I treat these as “non-wordpress files” or as “wordpress files”.  TIA, Al Sills
    /public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-admin/pclzip-5852ff620b916.tmp
    pclzip-5852ff620b916.tmp
    pclzip-585301937ad4c.tmp
    pclzip-5852fd709fcd8.tmp

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alan sills – I have no idea what the .tmp files are except for that PclZip is used to extract or archive zip archives.  You can probably just delete those files, but it is strange that the .tmp files would have been created in the /wp-admin/ folder.  Send 1 of the .tmp files to our email address so I can take a look at the contents of the file:  info@ait-pro.com

rafaelmagic
    Participant

Admin,

Those should be the Temp files created by Updraft Plus.

The backup plugin works by creating separate Zip files of the plugin folder, core,content folders.

So tmp files are created while the separate backup zips are being processed.

alan sills
    Participant

i’m confident Rafael is correct. The problem is now over as I got updraft to stop creating a backup to a remote server (google drive) that it could not connect to. So, that mess is stopped for now – BUT – the question is – if and when I get google drive to connect OR onedrive (which I’m going to try) – will Updraft create 1 or more tmp files in the wp-admin directory and if so, is that going to drive bps pro (and then ME) nuts?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alan sills – Yep, the file that you sent me is an Updraft log file.  So Updraft should be creating log files in the /wp-content/updraft/ folder and not in the /wp-admin/ folder.  See if there is an Updraft option setting to change the path where log files are created/saved and change it to the /wp-content/updraft/ folder.  Another possibility is that your server is incorrectly creating tmp files in the /wp-admin/ folder instead of the server’s /tmp/ folder.  Do these steps below to check that your PHP server is configured to save tmp files in the server’s /tmp/ folder.

Go to the BPS Pro main menu > P-Security > PHP Info Viewer tab > click the View PHPINFO button > scroll all the way down to the bottom of the PHP configuration Info page > Look for Global Server Variable settings that look similar to these and post what you see:
    _SERVER[“TMPDIR”]     /home/content/xxxxx/tmp
    _SERVER[“TEMP”]     /home/content/xxxxx/tmp

alan sills
    Participant

The closest I find is sys_temp_dir there is no “_SERVER[“TMPDIR”]” , as for sys temp dir – it shows “no value” in both columns following it. There is nothing at all that looks like “_SERVER[“TEMP”]  “

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alan sills – sys_temp_dir is used to set your /tmp directory in a php.ini file.  There are 2 other php.ini directives that deal with the /tmp directory:  upload_tmp_dir and session.save_path.  Contact your host support and have them look at the settings for all of these 3 directives in your server’s php.ini file to make sure that the /tmp directory is set and/or set correctly.

rafaelmagic
    Participant

Here is a workaround:

You can change where it writes temporary files by adding the following line to your wp-config.php file:

define('PCLZIP_TEMPORARY_DIR', ABSPATH.'wp-content/uploads');

Or your directory of choice. Then in BPS Pro exclude that directory from Quarantine.

alan sills
    Participant

Update: I succeeded in completing a backup via Updraft, but I used DreamHost for cloud storage instead of Google Drive on OneDrive. During the backup process, BPS did not make a “peep” about quarantined files, but after completing the backup, Updraft provided the following warning message about a large file: “bps-backup/autorestore/wp-admin/pclzip-5852e8e8e47ad.tmp (size: 300.3 Mb)”

When I went there (in my FTP – wp-content –> bps-backup –> autorestore –> wp-admin) I found 16 files each ranging from 49mb to over 300mb with the format pclzip-xxxxxxxxxx.tmp , I’m going to contact inmotion (as per your earlier suggestion) about why these files were dropped where they were – I strongly believe they DID come from Updrafts backup efforts. My question to you is – since the backup is now done, can I safely delete all 16 tmp files from the bps directory? TIA, Al Sills

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alan sills – Create an exclude rule in Updraft to not backup the /bps-backup/ folder.  The .tmp files were in this AutoRestore backup folder:  /bps-backup/autorestore/wp-admin/ because those .tmp files were/are created in your /wp-admin/ folder by Updraft and backed up by BPS to the /bps-backup/autorestore/wp-admin/ folder.  To delete Updraft .tmp files in the AutoRestore backup folder and your /wp-admin/ folder do these steps:

1. Turn AutoRestore Off.
    2. Delete the Updraft .tmp files in your /wp-admin/ folder.
    3. Go back to the AutoRestore page, click the wp-admin Files > Delete Backup Files button.
    4. Click the wp-admin Files > Backup Files button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore On.

AbZu2
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    After having installed UpdraftPlus-Backup/Restore I am receiving an endless stream of quarantined files. Have deactivated notifications until I find out how to solve this issue.

BPS Pro 13.3.3: wp-content File Quarantine Logged: 24/10/2017 20:14] 
    Quarantined Filename: .htaccess 
    Quarantine Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/updraft/.htaccess 
    Restore Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/updraft/.htaccess 

[BPS Pro 13.3.3: wp-content File Quarantine Logged: 24/10/2017 20:14] 
    Quarantined Filename: web.config 
    Quarantine Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/updraft/web.config 
    Restore Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/updraft/web.config 

[BPS Pro 13.3.3: wp-content File Quarantine Logged: 24/10/2017 20:14] 
    Quarantined Filename: index.html 
    Quarantine Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/updraft/index.html 
    Restore Path: /home3/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/updraft/index.html
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ AbZu – Do the steps in this forum reply to fix this issue > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/quarantine-can-be-a-pain-in-the-butt/#post-12953

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.