quarantine of php.ini and htaccess led to site error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro quarantine of php.ini and htaccess led to site error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KW
    Participant

My website was hit with the following error shortly after quarantining the php.ini and htaccess files:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress. bps pro security

I lucked out. I still had a browser tab open with backend access (I couldn’t have logged in, but wasn’t logged out). I was able to restore the quarantined files and the site went live again.

The htaccess file is regularly quarantined. Not sure why. How do I prevent this from happening again? Thanks for the help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Here is a Google search result that may be helpful to you for that error > https://host4geeks.com/blog/how-to-fix-your-php-installation-appears-to-be-missing-the-mysql-extension/

In general, if you are manually editing or uploading files outside of your WP Dashboard then use the

AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

If another plugin or theme is trying to add additional htaccess code to the BPS Root htaccess file then it will be quarantined. Typically other plugins and themes try to add the default WP Rewrite Code into the Root htaccess file, but unfortunately that is a mistake since BPS already includes the default WP Rewrite htaccess code in the BPS Root htaccess file.

You can lock your Root htaccess file on the BPS > htaccess File Editor tab page. If the problem is still happening you can exclude your Root htaccess file from being checked by AutoRestore|Quarantine…

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and delete the auto_.htaccess file(s) that was quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page > under the Exclude Folders & Files form > select Exclude an Individual File > Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /xxxxx/public_html/.htaccess. Note: this is an example file path. Enter your actual file path to your Root htaccess file.
    4. Click the Exclude button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

KW
    Participant

That is super helpful. I think I found the plugin that was trying to write to htaccess and removed it. But, I noticed that Cannot write to file: /home/medita32/public_html/wp-content/uploads/.htaccess is being displayed on the B-Core ~ Htaccess Core Security screen under the htaccess File Editor tab.

How do I set up write permissions? On cpanel I am seeing the permissions are set to 644.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The error message just means that an htaccess file does not exist in your WordPress /uploads/ folder.  The UAEG htaccess file is not that critical, but if you want to enable the UAEG htaccess file then go to the Security Modes page, scroll down to the UAEG section and click the UAEG Activate button.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.