Quarantine points to wpadmin.htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Quarantine points to wpadmin.htaccess

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    protection
    Participant

In my quarantine, I’m unable to delete or restore the file wpadmin.htaccess. I deleted the backup files for the wpadmin directory, and backed them up again. Why can’t I get rid of this entry in the quarantine?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a common known problem caused by ModSecurity.  ModSecurity is installed in your web host panel.  What is being blocked by ModSecurity is the .htaccess filename literally:  .htaccess.  You can try contacting your web host and ask them to create a ModSecurity whitelist rule for this or use the steps below to delete the wp-admin .htaccess file in Quarantine.

1. Go the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool tab page.
    2. Delete the quarantine database table by clicking the Drop Radio button for this database table: xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    3. Click the Empty|Drop button to delete the BPS quarantine database table. A new empty BPS quarantine database table will be automatically created.
    4. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete all folders under the BPS Quarantine folder located here: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/

protection
    Participant

Thanks! Those steps above did the trick.

Will those folders within /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/ be recreated when future files get quarantined?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, a new folder will be created under the /quarantine/ folder if/when a file is quarantined.

protection
    Participant

Perfect, thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.