Quarantine usage terminology

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Quarantine usage terminology

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rphrus
    Participant

Hi,

I am not quite sure that it means by the term Restore file and Delete file.

Please explain. I have wp-config.php, master.php, master-admin.php, auto_.htaccess and index.html files quarantined. Does restore mean to restore the previous backup file? and Delete file means deleting these quarantined files? I supposed BPS backed up these files before sending the “modified” files to quarantine, which means deleting the quarantine files won’t break the site?

It would be helpful if these terminologies could be explained in terms of its usage. Sorry for my not understanding these terms.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Blue Read Me help button on the Quarantine page explains these options/features in more detail.  BPS Blue Read Me help buttons can be found throughout BPS Pro on every page.

The AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide explains how AutoRestore/Quarantine works.  The AutoRestore page also contains Blue Read Me help buttons on each AutoRestore page.
    AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

The AutoRestore/Quarantine Calibration video tutorial covers several things including calibrating AutoRestore/Quarantine.
    AutoRestore/Quarantine Calibration video tutorial:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/

Quarantine Blue Read Me help button text
    Restore File Option: 
    Selecting the Restore File Checkbox Form option does 3 things: 1. Copies the quarantined file to the autorestore backup folder and overwrites the backed up copy of the file. 2. Moves the file out of quarantine to the original source path where the file was quarantined from and overwrites the file that was autorestored. 3. Deletes the database entry for the quarantined file.

Delete File Option: 
    Selecting the Delete File Checkbox Form option does 2 things: 1. Deletes the file permanently from the Quarantine folder. 2. Deletes the database entry for the quarantined file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.