Query Monitor plugin exposes a bunch of errors in BPS

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Query Monitor plugin exposes a bunch of errors in BPS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Query Monitor plugin exposes a bunch of errors in BPS.

This image is from the admin dashboard with other errors taken out.
    https://marketblasts.com/offsite-images/bps_errors.jpg

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

PHP Notice errors are kind of a nick nack error, but yeah technically speaking I need to take care of them at some point. https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

PHP Error Types/Levels/Severity
    Strict – PHP will suggest making changes to the code which will ensure the best interoperability and forward compatibility of the code.
    Notice – Run-time notices. Indicate that the script encountered something that could indicate an error, but could also happen in the normal course of running a script.
    Parse – Compile-time parse errors. Parse errors should only be generated by the parser. Indicates a syntax error in the code.
    Warning – Run-time warnings (non-fatal errors). Execution of the script is not halted.
    Fatal – Fatal run-time errors. These indicate errors that cannot be recovered from, such as a memory allocation problem. Execution of the script is halted.

David
    Participant

Totally agree about the PHP notices. But since these are pretty simple fixes, I thought I would post here. I’ve done the fixes a couple times for one of our sites but another one of our admins keeps updating BPS, breaking my changes.

Nearly all the notices are simple fixes as demonstrated below.

// e.g. Line 568 - Currently Broken:
    if ( $bps_status_display['bps_status_display'] != 'Off' ) {

// e.g. Line 568 - Fixed:
    if ( isset( $bps_status_display['bps_status_display'] ) && $bps_status_display['bps_status_display'] != 'Off' ) {

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah I’ll take care of these php errors in the next BPS version release.

David
    Participant

Thank you, very much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.