Lock htaccess file – htaccess 404 file permissions, prevent writing to htaccess files

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Lock htaccess file – htaccess 404 file permissions, prevent writing to htaccess files

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AndyK

I have the following issue: Something is writing to my htaccess file, and on occasion there are syntax errors in what is being written. For example: (1) A line of code may be written with the closing bracket missing. (2) Two lines of code are being written together without a separating carriage return. When things like this happen, I get error 500 messages when I try to access my site. When htaccess errors are corrected, everything returns to normal. Will installing your plugin prevent something like this from happening?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If your web host allows you to lock your root .htaccess file with Read-Only 404 file permissions then yes you can prevent other plugins or anything else from writing to your root .htaccess file.  On the BPS Edit/Upload/Download tab page you will see buttons to lock and unlock your root .htaccess file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.