Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Random General Questions

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Marco
    Participant

I just reinstalled wordpress after my old site was hacked. I had my host move the site to Oldsite and then delete it so I could start over. I got Bulletproof free and set it up, also followed along the instructions for custom URLs. However now when I go to my site: http://www.sal-ix.com it goes to the directory and cannot find the index.php. How can I fix this?

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Marco – I checked the website URL you posted above and everything looks ok so I guess you already figured out what was causing the problem.

Marco
    Participant

I actually ended up reinstalling WP through CPanel, again. I got hacked so I was reinstalling and such then decided to get BPS. i may have messed up the custom URL part of the setup ..

Hannah
    Participant

Hi, I think I know the answer to this question but want to confirm before taking action. A while back you did the setup for me on my very first BPS Pro site, http://www.kimnovakartist.com. Recently I tried to update the PHP version on her server to v 5.6 and the site failed after I made the change. Hosting support identified that the line in php.ini regarding “register_long_arrays” was no longer supported in PHP 5.6, so we had to go back to PHP 5.3. My question is whether or not this line is needed. If not, can I turn set it to “off” without consequences (which I suspect I can) so I can upgrade to PHP 5.6? Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Hannah – Your host support folks gave you some bad info.  This is correct:  register_long_arrays is a directive setting in your php.ini file.  This is correct:  It is now deprecated.  This is correct:  Use of deprecated INI directives will cause an E_DEPRECATED error to be thrown at startup.  This is incorrect:  Using a deprecated INI directive can cause a PHP server not to load.  So you should delete the register_long_arrays directive from your php.ini file, but what would best to do is to use the new php.ini file that comes with PHP 5.6 for your host server.  Then customize that new php.ini file and edit/change any php.ini directive settings in that new PHP 5.6 php.ini file. What is probably causing PHP 5.6 not to load is that you are not using a PHP 5.6 handler in your root htaccess file.  So first you want to turn off AutoRestore and unlock your root htacess file.  Then ask your host support to do these 2 things:  1. Copy the PHP 5.6 server’s default php.ini file to your website folder (rename your existing php.ini first so that you have a copy of it).   2. Add the php 5.6 htaccess handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file.  After they have done that and everything is working then you need to do these final steps:  1. Copy the php 5.6 handler htaccess code from your root htaccess file into this Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE  2.  Re-run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

C.A. Gross
    Participant

Hello.  I see how I can use BPS to edit my core htaccess.  But can I use BPS to first backup my core htaccess?  And can I use BPS to restore that core htaccess if there is an issue?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ C.A. Gross – Yep, the simplest thing to do is just download your current .htaccess file or you can do a copy and paste of your existing htaccess file on the htaccess File Editor tab page.

C.A. Gross
    Participant

@AITpro Admin ok thanks for that info.

Levi Brereton
    Participant

[Marked as allowed Spam]
    If you want to heavy security then my suggession is a you used bulletproof security because bulletproof security is a best and most save security.In this security not any risk attend if you used. If you more know about bulletproof security then Visit Here: https://www.datasunrise.com/security/mysql/

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.