Recommended order for initial install of BPS pro?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Recommended order for initial install of BPS pro?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve got BPS pro installed on my main site, but would just like a beginners quick check re your recommended order of installation of BPS pro on a new w/p site (as a root install on it’s own hosting package, so unrelated to my main site) – so i don’t mess it up at all! I presume that as BPS picks up info about plugins that are already installed, to add them to its whitelist rules, the order i should do a new website is something like this?…

theme, then all plugins, then BPS pro? … rather than: BPS pro, then plugins?

My new site is a social membership site, so will have core plugins of BuddyPress, rtmedia, and a membership plugin like s2Member or Paid Memberships Pro (as well as BPS of course) plus a few others like Nav Menu Roles and Catch ID’s.

many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Personally I recommend that you install BPS Pro first because website security should be added to a website as soon as possible.  You can install BPS Pro at any time.  Add the BuddyPress wp-admin skip/bypass rule in the link below in BPS Custom Code.  S2Member login / login security overrides BPS Login Security.  See the S2Member link below.

BuddyPress admin-ajax.php and post.php skip/bypass rule:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-buddypress-compose-message-autocomplete/#post-1588

S2Member known issues:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-conflict-with-s2member/#post-16727

jenni101
    Participant

Thank you for that – I’d tracked down the BP info so was ready for it!

One final check… I’m leaning towards trying the Paid Memberships Pro plugin as opposed to the s2Member one (as it’s the one that’s recommended by the theme I’ve purchased – I guess there’s a first for everything!) and I’ve searched the forums here for any conflicts but haven’t found anything, yet I presume it would have the same issues as s2member as it’s a membership plugin? Do you know of any issues?

many thanks for any advice on this.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe there would be issues and maybe not.  Since there are no topics in the forum for that plugin then maybe there are no issues.  In any case, BPS works with all plugins and themes.  If there is some kind of problem then a solution can always be found.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.