Redirect path on “Addon domain” on cPanel

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Redirect path on “Addon domain” on cPanel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wesley Li
    Participant

Hello.

I’m not sure is it related to Bullet Proof Pro, but would like to check it out.

I have installed Bullet Proof Pro today to couple websites.

Then later when I checked the Addon Domain on cPanel, I found that those domains which I installed Bullet Proof Pro were set to redirect to something like below:

http://(web-site-domain.com)/\.(htaccess|htpasswd|errordocs|logs)$

And the other websites that haven’t installed Bullet Proof Pro stayed in the same (“not redirected”).

So I am just curious are that related. If not I better set it back to “not redirected” for other reasons.

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a very old problem (3+ years ago) that occurred in older versions of cPanel.  I’m pretty sure this type of problem no longer occurs in newer versions of cPanel.  The problem is/was that that cPanel tools read your root htaccess file htaccess code, tries to interpret what the cPanel tools find and then modifies/alters/changes the htaccess code in the cPanel tools (it’s own htaccess code) based on what the cPanel tool thinks is the correct htaccess code.  I believe the solution was to not use any cPanel tools and to do whatever you need to do in your root htaccess file/code.  I seem to remember that you need to either disable whichever cPanel tool is malfunctioning or just remove/delete all the htaccess code from that cPanel tool.

You can do everything you need to do using your root htaccess file and BPS Custom Code and do not need to use any cPanel tools.  So let me know exactly what you want to do and I will provide the htaccess code that you need to add to the BPS Custom Code feature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.