File editing changes revert to previous file – editing changes are not saved

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro File editing changes revert to previous file – editing changes are not saved

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Akhil K A
    Participant

Hey!

I was using Free plugin for my own blogs. I recommended the PRO version to our company website. I removed the free plugin (after deactivating the protection and restoring back the default htaccess), then I installed and configured the PRO version.

After installation, I can’t edit any files on the site via wp-admin>>appearance>>editor or via cPanel. Edited files lose the modification after few seconds.

For example, I uploaded google site verification html file to the website root. System uploaded successfully. But, after few seconds, it disappeared!!!

When I deactivate the plugin, everything works fine…Very strange! My manager told me to not install the plugin in any of the site.

What is the reason for this? Any solution, that I can immediately fix?

Thanks and Regards.

Akhil K A

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume the edited files were autorestored and quarantined by ARQ. When manually modifying files see the ARQ procedural steps in the link below.

AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.