WPCLI doesnt exist php error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WPCLI doesnt exist php error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jaiji
    Participant

Hi, I just logged in and did 3 plugin updates and immediately got this PHP error which has repeated every few seconds ever since. Tried the basic troubleshooting, ran the wizard and searched here. No idea. I can’t recall what the plugins were (it’s late and they weren’t major plugins). Is it possible to identify what might be causing this?

[09-May-2018 23:16:08 UTC] WPCLI doesnt exist
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

https://make.wordpress.org/cli/

WP-CLI is the official command line tool for interacting with and managing your WordPress sites.

My guess would be that 1 of your plugins has a coding mistake that is generating this php error. Try using the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools > String|Function Finder tool > Search String: WPCLI doesnt exist > Search Path: /path-to-your-plugins-folder/ > to search all of your plugins for this text error message “WPCLI doesnt exist”.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see the BPS Pro String|Function Finder Pro-Tool found the plugin that is generating this php error and you posted a forum support topic for the WP GDPR plugin here > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/repeated-php-error/. What probably needs to happen to fix this issue in the WP GDPR plugin is to add a new condition > rough general example > “if WPCLI X exists/is installed/is activated then check if Y exists or not”. I have no idea what “X” or “Y” would be since I have never used WPCLI.

The BPS Pro String|Function Finder Pro-Tool is awesome isn’t it.  It finds things in seconds vs poking around for hours.  😉

Jaiji
    Participant

Yes, the String|Function Finder tool was very helpful (though BPS Pro still seems to me a mystifyingly complex plugin).

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll see what they say and suggest that if they’re not sure what to do.

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, I’m insanely busy trying to get all my sites ready for GDPR (is there anything I should know about BPS in relation to GDPR?)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Can you imagine how difficult BPS Pro would be to use if we had not automated 99% of everything.  😉  There is definitely a lot going on in BPS Pro, but most things are self-configuring, self-fixing, etc.

The only GDPR related feature in BPS Pro is the Security Log.  See this BPS GDPR Compliance forum topic for info > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-gdpr-compliance/

Cloud9
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

In the BPS I have a php error

[BPS Pro htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log]
    [31-May-2020 17:58:35 UTC] WPCLI doesnt exist
    [31-May-2020 17:58:42 UTC] WPCLI doesnt exist

Any help to point me in the right direction would be good, thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Cloud9 – One of your plugins is using the php error log to log non-php errors. See the beginning of this forum topic for how to find which plugin is doing that.  Only php errors should be logged to a php error log file.  Regular log entries should be logged to a log file and not the php error log.

Cloud9
    Participant

Thanks

I did a search in bps pro and nothing comes back for

WPCLI doesnt exist

/home/mjsrela/public_html/wp-content/plugins

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Cloud9 – Ok try searching your /wp-content/themes folder. If you don’t get any matches then try just “wpcli” and search the /plugins folder again.

Cloud9
    Participant

WPCLI not found in either themes or plugins folder

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Cloud9 – I wonder where that is coming from then?  Do you have any plugins that are being installed/updated via WP-CLI that you are aware of? WP-CLI > https://developer.wordpress.org/cli/commands/cli/

What plugins do you have installed? Go to the BPS > System Info page > click the Get Plugins List button > copy and paste your list of plugins in your forum reply.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I tracked down the plugin that was logging this statement for the original person who started this Topic. It was the WP GDPR plugin, but that was 2 years ago and the plugin author was going to fix that problem > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/repeated-php-error/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Another search string you could use for the BPS Pro String|Function Finder tool is this string: error_log(

Cloud9
    Participant

error log search can back empty

BulletProof Security Pro 14.5 – Activated: bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php
    Contact Form 7 5.1.9 – Activated: contact-form-7/wp-contact-form-7.php
    Cookiebot | GDPR/CCPA Compliant Cookie Consent and Control 3.6.5 – Activated:cookiebot/cookiebot.php
    Cool Tag Cloud 2.19 – Activated: cool-tag-cloud/cool-tag-cloud.php
    Custom User Profile Photo 0.5.3 – Activated: custom-user-profile-photo/3five_cupp.php
    GDPR Cookie Consent 1.8.8 – Deactivated: cookie-law-info/cookie-law-info.php
    Genesis Design Palette Pro 1.9.1 – Activated: genesis-palette-pro/genesis-palette-pro.php
    Genesis Design Palette Pro – Entry Content 1.0.4 – Activated: gppro-entry-content/gppro-entry-content.php
    Genesis Design Palette Pro – Google Web Fonts 2.0.1 – Activated: gppro-google-webfonts/gppro-google-webfonts.php
    Genesis eNews Extended 2.1.1 – Activated: genesis-enews-extended/plugin.php
    Genesis Simple Edits 2.3.1 – Activated: genesis-simple-edits/plugin.php
    Genesis Testimonial Slider 1.5 – Activated: wpstudio-testimonial-slider/genesis-testimonials.php
    Honeypot for Contact Form 7 1.14.1 – Activated: contact-form-7-honeypot/honeypot.php
    Image Widget 4.4.7 – Activated: image-widget/image-widget.php
    MailPoet 2 2.13 – Activated: wysija-newsletters/index.php
    reSmush.it Image Optimizer 0.3.6 – Activated: resmushit-image-optimizer/resmushit.php
    SEO Image Toolbox 3.3.1 – Activated: seo-image-alt-tags/seo-image-alt-tags.php
    Simple Social Icons 3.0.2 – Activated: simple-social-icons/simple-social-icons.php
    Sitemap by BestWebSoft 3.2.2 – Activated: google-sitemap-plugin/google-sitemap-plugin.php
    Virtual Robots.txt 1.9 – Deactivated: pc-robotstxt/pc-robotstxt.php
    W3 Total Cache 0.14.1 – Activated: w3-total-cache/w3-total-cache.php
    WP GDPR 1.5.4 – Activated: wp-gdpr-core/wp-gdpr-core.php

Must-Use Plugins:
    BPS Pro MU Tools 10.0 – Installed: bps-pro-mu-tools.php

Ill disable WPGDPR as I have that and see if that fixes it

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Uh yeah its going to be the same WP GDPR plugin.  Your plugin version is 2 years old. IMPORTANT Note!!!  The WP GDPR plugin is closed in the WP Plugin Repository on October 23, 2019 due to a security issue that was never fixed > https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-gdpr-core/. I would not use that plugin if I were you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.