Unknown Topic title

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unknown Topic title

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anaimation
    Participant

Hi,

I had to un-install BPS Pro, it was giving me problems on some of my websites. In one of them http://globalartarchive.com/, I got an “Internal Server Error” message after deleting the plug-in, somehow the .htaccess file got corrupted and now I can’t have access to the administration panel.

– How can I restore my .htaccess file after deleting the plug-in? I opened the file and I still see all the BPS coding.
    – If I delete / rename the .htaccess file, then I loose the permalinks and still I can’t access the wp-admin
    – What other files / directories should I safely delete after deactivating and deleting BPS Pro?
    I don’t have access to the wp-admin

Thanks for your help,
    A

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Download your existing htaccess file and edit it and then upload it back to your site. Add this generic WordPress Rewrite code  below and any other code that you want to add into the htaccess file.  If you do file backups then grab your last root htaccess file from a backup or if your host does file backups then restore it from your host file backup.  If you deactivate and delete the BPS Pro plugin on the WordPress Plugins page then that removes all BPS Pro files and database settings.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.