wp-includes WordPress files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro wp-includes WordPress files quarantined

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    jan
    Participant

using the latest and have seen the top msg. so when i ftp’ed and check the contents of the /wp-admin/index.php file (as that url was coming up blank), it was very short and included a path to twentythirteen. I figured this was very odd and decided to reinstall 2013 theme into themes and then reinstall WP.  Now it seems clear that when i restored all the quarantined files yesterday, BPS restored the wp-content/themes/2013/index.php file to wp-admin/index.php instead !! This is really scary.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually that is not possible since the code will only restore files back to their original location/path where they were quarantined from.  When a file is sent to Quarantine the path to that file is stored/saved in the Quarantine Database table.  When files are restored from Quarantine that same path is used to restore the file back to that path.  I would like to look at this website some more and see what might be causing all of these problems on this site.  It could be that another plugin is interfering with AutoRestore and causing these unusual issues.  Please send both an Admin login and an FTP login to this site to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, something very odd is happening on this site, but I am unable to figure out what is causing it. When a file with the same name is sent to Quarantine the file name will have an additional timestamp added to the file name so that the possibility of a file being restored to the wrong restore path will not happen. What is not happening on this site is the timestamp is not being added to files with the same filename.  I am still looking around to try and figure what is causing this, but I am stumped at this point????

>>>>>>>>>>> WP-admin File AutoRestore Logged - November 5, 2013 - 3:06 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    Quarantined File: index.php
    Quarantine Folder: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/
    AutoRestored File: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-admin/index.php
    Quarantined From/Restore Path: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-admin/index.php

>>>>>>>>>>> WP-content File AutoRestore Logged - November 6, 2013 - 3:25 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    Quarantined File: index.php
    Quarantine Folder: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/
    AutoRestored File: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/index.php
    Quarantined From/Restore Path: /nfs/new/xxxxx/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/index.php
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I will be testing AutoRestore/Quarantine in a minute so you will see a couple of email alerts

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually I found the problem.  It is the website itself.  This website intermittently hangs like something is running in the background that is using up all the website resources.  This hang will cause things to fail in general and not only in BPS Pro.

Example:  If the Server hiccups when BPS Pro is in the middle of doing something then there is a very good chance that whatever BPS Pro was doing will fail.  At this point what needs to happen is I need to see the Server Logs for this website to be able to tell you where the source of the problem is.  Some Hosts allow you to get the Server Logs in your web host control panel.  Other Hosts do not offer this option, but you can contact Host Support and they will send you your Server log file.

It’s like some sort of intermittent scanning is taking place and the whole site hangs until whatever is occurring has stopped occurring.  The intermittent hangs lasted from 5 seconds to 20 seconds.

The other thing that was odd is this:  All of your Quarantine log entries are between 3 am and 3:30 am, but you stated that you were manually doing these installations so were you doing them during this time?

jan
    Participant

i am  sorry about dragging you into this (!) and really appreciate the great support you have offered over time.  I will contact the host and have them check out the log. Will let you know what happened!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah this is a wierd one.  The 3 am thing is very odd unless of course there is some sort of timestamp malfunction and the times that these things are occurring is not really 3 am to 3:30 am.  Wierd stuff.  Keep me in the loop and send me the Server logs from November 6, 2013 at 8:15 am to 9 am. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.