Script File Owner Mismatch Notice

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Script File Owner Mismatch Notice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Evelyn Puerto
    Participant

Hi,

I received a notice called “Script File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice.” It instructs me to to the BPS System Info Page and check the File/Folder permissions to find the files that need to be fixed. When I go the System Info, I see a bunch of information, none of which I understand. I also have no comprehension of what an Owner User ID Mismatch is. None of the files appear to be marked in any way to indicate there is a problem,

Can you help?

Thank you very much.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In the File|Folder Permissions table look at these 2 columns:  Script Owner User ID (UID) and File Owner User ID. The numbers that you see in each of those columns should match.  Or in other words, the numbers should be the same for every row in that table.  If you see a table row with numbers that do not match then that is where the mismatch is occurring.  Let me know what you see.

A few people have run into a problem with the DB backup folder having a different Script|File Owner User ID. The quickest way to fix this problem is to use the DB Backup > Create Backup Jobs Accordion Tab/button > Rename|Create|Reset Tool. The Rename|Create|Reset Tool renames the DB Backup folder, which corrects the Script|File Owner User ID problem. The root cause of the problem occurs when someone does a website move/migration/clone. I’ll automate a fix for this or add additional help info in the BPS Mismatch Notice.

Evelyn Puerto
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

I checked the Script Owner and File Owner columns, and they are the same. Every value in those two columns is the same (771), except for the last file  /tmp, and the values in both columns is 0.

Do I need to do anything to fix this?

Thank you!

Evelyn

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then you can safely dismiss the Mismatch Dismiss Notice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.