ServerPilot – dns_get_record(): A temporary server error occurred. in functions.php on line 2379

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ServerPilot – dns_get_record(): A temporary server error occurred. in functions.php on line 2379

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Just noticed this

[09-Apr-2022 09:22:27 UTC] PHP Warning: dns_get_record(): A temporary server error occurred. in /{serverpath}/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 2379

Not sure what might have triggered this.

Any suggestions please?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Answer|Solution:

This may be isolated to just this person’s server config or may be a general ServerPilot issue.

The Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron is unable to detect the DNS Namesever and is instead generating a php error each time the AutoPilot Mode cron runs.  There are several factors involved that could be the root cause for this problem:  The Proxy is using the outdated HTTP/1.0 Protocol, Proxy IP addresses are duplicated, etc.

The Primary purpose of the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron DNS Nameserver check is to automatically configure/whitelist the Cloudflare domain and IP addresses in the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.

The most logical solution would be to provide an option setting to disable/turn off the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron DNS Nameserver check in cases where there is a server issue/problem.  A new option setting to do this will be created in BPS Pro 16.6.

GR
    Participant

Where can I find this option? I’m on BPS version 17.2.

Thanks,
    -g

GR
    Participant

Sorry,

I forgot to include the errors I’m getting:

[09-May-2023 18:55:10 UTC] PHP Warning: dns_get_record(): A temporary server error occurred. in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 2424

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ GR – The setting to turn off DNS record checking is on the Setup Wizard Options page > DNS Get Record Error Fix > set this to On.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.