BulletProof Security Setup questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BulletProof Security Setup questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RJRamsees
    Participant

I’m new here and not quite getting it.. Could use a little help…   I have installed the free version and it appears OK But what do I know?
    Total number of Database Rows is: 0
    Should I check any of these?

Not sure what to check here …LOCK – UNLOCK – DELETE  any clues.. leave it alone?  or what?

In the Logging options field there  are LOG ONLY ACCOUNT LOCKOUTS or LOG ALL ACCOUNT LOGINS right now I have Log only selected…. but I’m not sure what that means..?

As far as the htaccess where it says..
    http://cappuccinoandcoffee.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/
    [obsolete-removed]

How do I know if this is in the Bullet proof mode..since the the little green button is not lit up.. I do believe I have already activated this.. when I first installed it.

Same thing goes for the Backup.. http://cappuccinoandcoffee.com/wp-content/bps-backup/
    [obsolete-removed]

Just want to make sure if this plugin is all set up correctly before installing it on other sites..
    Lastly does this plugin allow the option to change USER NAMES in WordPress?

Thanks again..
    Ralph

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Blue ReadMe help button on the Login Security page explains what all the options do.  In a nutshell, if you only want to log locked out login attempts then you would choose Log Only Account Lockouts.  If you want to log every single login (similar to a timeclock or timekeeper if you have several users who are logging in and you want to know when they login to the site) then you would choose Log All Account Logins.

Check the BPS Security Status tab page for your current security status.  You will see all green font “good” status indicator text or you will see red font “problem” status indicator text.

Click on the Blue ReadMe help buttons throughout BPS for extensive help info.

BPS does not mess with changing User Accounts and leaves that control for WordPress to handle on the Users page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.