Setup Wizard – 500 error, Pre-Installation Wizard – 500 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Setup Wizard – 500 error, Pre-Installation Wizard – 500 error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris Moon
    Participant

Hi,
    Setup wizard > pre installation wizard crashed my site and I got a 500 internal server error.
    What steps should I take now to get back in and find the fault?

regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely you have invalid/bad htaccess code saved in BPS Custom Code.  Do these steps to fix the issue/problem.

1. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete your root and wp-admin htaccess files.
    2. Login to your site.
    3. Go to BPS Custom Code and Export your Custom Code.
    4. Click the Delete button to delete all of your custom code.
    5. Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.
    6. Send your Custom Code Export zip file: cc-master.zip to: info at ait-pro dot com so we can tell you which custom code is invalid/bad.

Chris Moon
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, it worked perfectly.

regards

Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The invalid/bad htaccess code (highlighted in yellow below) has been fixed in the cc-master.zip file that you sent to me.  I have sent the new fixed cc-master.zip file back to you.  Use the Custom Code Import tool and import the new cc-master.zip file into Custom Code.

# Block/Forbid Referer Spammers/Referer Phishing
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^.*(ranksonic\.|semalt\.|kambasoft\.|buttons-for-website\.).*$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F]e hacker bot
    Chris Moon
    Participant

Brilliant! thanks

Haiko Nieuwoudt
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Thanks for the replies, but I am turning my attention to another problem for now – unless the PHP error somehow detracts from BPS Pro’s performance?

My other problem is that I can’t install BPS Pro on a site after moving the site to a new domain and host. Before moving the site, I removed the plugin and deleted the backup folder. On the new site I can upload and install the zip, but when I click on ‘Activate’ I get a 500 server error. The only way to get back into the site is to then delete the backup and BPS plugin folders which have already been generated. The htaccess files have to that point not been edited by BPS yet. So what can be causing this issue?

Haiko Nieuwoudt
    Participant

Well I got it to ‘activate’ the plugin by removing all BPS tables from the db. But then when I actually try to activate the security on the activation page, when I click ‘Get Activation Key’ it gives an internal server error.

P.s. I love this plugin – it’s already saved my bacon a few times.

Haiko Nieuwoudt
    Participant

I got around the server error at the activation stage by getting the activation key from the Download Area. But now when I run the set-up wizard it gives the same internal server error.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Haiko – Do these steps here and let me know if this fixes the problem:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/set-up-wizzard-gave-500-internal-server-error/#post-29622

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.