Setup wizard not functioning

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Setup wizard not functioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hangojango
    Participant

Hi there,

I just logged into my multisite and saw a prompt to update Elementor database, which happens now and then, so I did.

Straight after (unless I didn’t notice it beforehand) BPro said I needed to run the Setup Wizard again. That’s not strange.

What is strange is that there is nothing showing on the BPro Setup Wizard tab. In fact, there is nothing showing in any of the BPro tabs except a New Feature Notice that I haven’t dismissed. Never knew this before today….

As I don’t have a coding background, this kind of worries me!

Of note, I recently changed the primary domain on my multisite. The host (WP Engine) did a search-replace in the DB.

Also, I recently unsubscribed from Gmail’s paid email account, which I had set up with the domain extension. I had used that email address to log into this BPro help forum (as I just did, even though I no longer own that email address) but I didn’t use it to originally purchase the license. If I log into the BPro website with the email that I purchased with, it shows me BPro activation keys.

Anyway, most likely the change in email address and/or domain has messed with BPro on the website somehow? Sorry to be a pain if it has.

I look forward to hearing from you – but I won’t be able to get notifications via the automated system here because I don’t have the email address that is attached to this. I’d write my other email but have privacy concerns so maybe there is a way to reply in private? I’ll check back on this forum in a day.

Cheers.

hangojango
    Participant

Actually, straight after I posted that, I saw I could edit my email address for this BPro forum so I’ve done that and should now be notified if someone replies about my main problem – which is that BPro tabs are blank on my website, presumably since I changed domain….

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You just need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key for this website.  Go to the BPS Pro Setup menu > Activation page > request a new Activation Key.

If you change your domain URL in any way then request a new BPS Pro Activation Key. Domain URL changes would be changing your domain name, moving your website to a new folder/URL, changing HTTP to HTTPS, changing your Domain prefix from www to non-www or vice versa.

BPS Pro Activation Steps:
    1. Enter the BPS Pro Download-Request Key that was emailed to you when you purchased BPS Pro into the Save Download-Request Key text box and click the Save Download-Request Key button.
    2. Click the Get Activation Key button to get your BPS Pro Activation Key. Your Activation Key will be emailed to your PayPal email address that you used to purchase BPS Pro with.
    3. Copy and Paste the BPS Pro Activation Key that was emailed to your PayPal email address into the Save Activation Key text box and click the Save Activation Key button.

hangojango
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

There is a problem with this step:

2. Click the Get Activation Key button to get your BPS Pro Activation Key. Your Activation Key will be emailed to your PayPal email address that you used to purchase BPS Pro with.

My Paypal is now linked to a different email address. I thought I would have bought BPro with one of my constant (stable) email addresses but since no activation key has come to that one, I must assume that Paypal was linked to the one that has recently been discontinued.

Is there a workaround for this situation? I can send you both my discontinued email address and the download-request key if you need.

hangojango
    Participant

…I mean, is there any way we can update the email address on your database to reflect the current one instead of the original-purchase one?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Login to PayPal, take a screenshot of your BPS Pro purchase transaction and send it to:  info at ait-pro dot com.  So I can change your BPS Pro account email address.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.